• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 waterline Uboot type II

Odorless turpentine and oil paint wash ,
When dry..... i clean the wash off that is left on the bricks ,and seal it with Acrylic Matt varnish.

h3d29671.JPG

hc92d4da.JPG

h3160a34.JPG

h77e2ae8.JPG

Odorless turpentine and oil paint wash ,
When dry..... i clean the wash off that is left on the bricks ,and seal it with Acrylic Matt varnish.

h3d29671.JPG

hc92d4da.JPG

h3160a34.JPG

h77e2ae8.JPG

Bumping this to the next page. Great work, Maarten!

Rage-well-done.png

Came to the conclusion .....that this is not the type of quay i want.
(And it does not look WW2 Rumanian enough to me to me )
I will make another one.
Using this one for testing my non existing harbour weather / paint techniques.

First airbrushed layers of greens and some black.

h6f38f61.JPG

h711ff7e.JPG

h49e0467.JPG

Slime and algae, a difficult effect for sure. That's a very good first attempt. :good:
Looking forward to the next quay.

The dock looks great Piet . Have you tried using pastel chalks to add to the greens ? You could also randomly glob cyno or other glue to give dimension to the alga sea growths , raised look , to be painted green .

The dock looks great Piet . Have you tried using pastel chalks to add to the greens ? You could also randomly glob cyno or other glue to give dimension to the alga sea growths , raised look , to be painted green .

(y) Thanks, i try anything

New quay side ,Entirely made from Blue Foam
And filled the space between the masonry with plaster.

h73280bf.JPG

h9b07ae6.JPG

ha303230.JPG

h9382069.JPG

h909cd3d.JPG

h583352a.JPG

Thanks guys (y)

The first one was to North/western European looking you see this from Netherlands to the Baltic ports.
This one is more universal looking And the setting is Romanian part of the Black sea.

Back