• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 Tamiya ChTZ Version T34/43

razorboy

I picked this kit up online about a year ago on sale and despite lacking any photo etched enhancements, was found to be a nicely detailed kit nonetheless.
DSCN36450001.jpg

As I mentioned before, I mix 95% of all of my paints and initially had a bit of trouble finding the right shade of green -
DSCN36500001.jpg

I eventually settled upon this shade -
DSCN36600001.jpg

I hand applied the white aerial recognition stripe atop the turret and chipped the edges where need be with my Exacto knife -
DSCN36620001.jpg

The weathering was all done with my acrylic paints and was applied via dry-brush or washes -
DSCN36860001.jpg

The only addition to the kit not included in the box was this scratch built handle added to the rear hull access hatch -
DSCN36850001.jpg

Finished -
DSCN37180001.jpg

DSCN37290001.jpg

DSCN37270001.jpg

rb

I'm liking the build, Dave, but the suspension needs to follow the terrain more. Maybe switch bases? (y)

Noted .... the Christie suspension would flex on a jump ... in these pics it is as midway between up and down. That's the best excuse I can come up with.....

Back