• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 S-38B (E-Boat)

Some really nice work there Piet! I like how that is coming along.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Made a UMA mine...... i went for the simple trolley version,
The mine it self is from AFV and the lower part is scratch built.... and from that one i made resin copies.
(Not sure i will use them ,but you never can have enough mines)

hb51411b.JPG

he561d8c.JPG

hc583cc3.JPG

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Did some work on the bridge,

h126beb8.JPG

hce366f5.JPG

hd496c6b.JPG

Shame these 38b's didn't come with a camouflage pattern,Plenty of unarmoured bridge versions with camo up north in scandinavia and in the baltic,Schnellboot White was the perfect color for night operations in the channel and North sea.

Trying out what material to use for the canvas dodgers........this is my first attempt ''0.25mm evergreen ''
h1173fe9.JPG

h418199f.JPG

next will be heavy brown packing paper.

Something that might work for this could be some tracing paper, it is very thin has little to no grain and is translucent. Airbrush a linen color to both sides and still get some light through it. I found this at an office supply store here in the US. Not sure where you might find it in Europe.

Note that I use it for all kinds of things and also print patterns out on it in my ink jet. Makes it easy to see through when transferring the pattern to plastic stock with a sharp needle.

h631d01c.jpg

Code:
Something that might work for this could be some tracing paper, it is very thin has little to no grain and is translucent. Airbrush a linen color to both sides and still get some light through it. I found this at an office supply store here in the US. Not sure where you might find it in Europe.

Note that I use it for all kinds of things and also print patterns out on it in my ink jet. Makes it easy to see through when transferring the pattern to plastic stock with a sharp needle.

h631d01c.jpg

Nice one ,thanks for the heads up (y)
I tried the packing paper and it not smooth after painting .
Just ordered the Dutch version ,will have it tomorrow.

hb206eef.jpg

(y)

Back