• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32nd scale P-51 New Products and my Wish List

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Click on images to shop:

From HGW:

AeroProducts propeller. Soon there will be the correct Aeroproducts spinner (yes, it is different from the Hamilton Standard spinner).

News from Grey Matter Figures:
"Tuesday 6th Sept.
We are still impatiently awaiting for a package to arrive from The States. Apparently there is a delay
due to the past weather and heightened activity at customs. This contains a lot of Jerry Rutman's patterns including 1/32 wheel set for 1/32 P-51-will (fit Hasegawa/Dragon/Trumpeter kits), spinner and Aero products style prop for the Tamiya kit, tail bay and strut for Hasegawa/Dragon/Trumpeter/Tamiya kits."

Fabulously simple PE for the radiator and cockpit sills.

I would love to see a Cavalier conversion for both group one and group two, some more ordnance, some corrected ordnance pylons, some well done rockets (even is used with the Tamiya PE which is left over), and more tires (Jerry Rutman has been working on these).

Feel free to add to this list. I purposefully did not add decals as my interest is strictly limited to sharkmouth adorned schemes.

Regards,

The woodgrain floor is nice product but, as you know, the floors were painted with nonskid and a pretty varnished plywood floor would not be accurate. Not that i'm a rivet counter or anything...

I debated on doing woodgrain on my Mustang but after reading (what you posted Saul) about the Iwo Jima maintenance crews said about keeping maintenance up on these birds, I figured they would reapply the nonskid as needed.

I'll add RB Production Seatbelts.

The not only added non skid, but painted them black as well. However, some may build a racer or postwar aircraft were it was possible to see the wood floor. Also, the real reason to get the HGW set are the two sets of microfiber seat belts with PE accessories.

Excellent addition as the RB belts are fabulous indeed.

Regards,

It looks like HGW belts would be easier to build up as the belts themselves are single pieces. RB Belts are worth the effort but they are not for the beginner.

Good point about the floor. Also they could still be painted over but show the wear down to the wood grain, save a lot of time painting the woodgrain.

Back