• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Kinetic F-86F-30 Sabre

Jeeves

Gonna try to add the Avionix Black Box resin for the Hasegawa kit to it where I can...
005%7E13.jpg

006%7E11.jpg

Well -got a bit of a start on this one despite also building a Pe-2 and working the B-17 gunner.

First comparison show of the kit seat (at right) and the Black Box resin version....hmm...which to pick? ;)
466bf272.jpg

6201526a.jpg

And the engine is going to be fun to paint...
3158a175.jpg

Lastly, the office area with a mix of kit and BB parts...
da1805da.jpg

Phew!!

Sorry about the crappy pics and the Photobucket Bob...lost my camera card for a while there (it was in the washer-- wonder how it'll work now?)-- my iPod only works so well and only uploads to PB...

Looking good. AMS makes a nice cockpit for this kit. They also have some other nice additions for it. The cockpit comes with a cd with lots of pics for reference. Bummer about the camera. If you can get a couple of packages of desiccant. Usually stores have lots of the stuff from when they empty boxes. This will soak up the excess moisture like nothing else will.
James

Lol...it's not the camera...just a card. I just found a spare so if it doesn't work, I've got backup. Just paid a huge vet bill for the horses so nothing model-wise will be purchased any time soon :(

No if you washed the camera it probably would be total loss.

Well good thing you got this big sabre to keep you occupied and away from the LHS for a while.

:popcorn

Thanks Martin and Bob!

The card ended up fine as I took pics a week or two ago and had no issues...I have some progress but no pics as of yet...been too darn busy!

Lol Mike!! Probably best for all of us! ;)

Got an Iron Man marathon planned with my little man and then some more work at closing that Pe-2 fuselage...it's been a labor of "love". The office area for the Sabre is nearly done...and I have to pick up a couple Metallizer paints for the engine which I am excited about ;)

Well....while the first of many layers of putty is drying on my Pe-2 seams, I decided to get the interior wrapped up for the most part on the Sabre. The one nearby LHS that sells Metalizers is closed on Mondays so I tried my hand at some cheap craft paints...found a gunmetal grey and gloss metal black that I mixed and think I did a pretty fair estimation of what burnt metal would look like in the middle section...and the brush strokes even lend to the unevenness of the heat markings on a jet engine...but that is just my opinion. Used some Mike Grant placards here and there as well to dress up the engine, which will for the most part be closed up.
002%7E13.jpg

001%7E15.jpg

And the office...the Squadron Walkaround book has some sweet drawings of the side panels and seat to really help with the interior detail. Not quite sure if the green I picked for the belts is quite dark enough...might try a wash to bring it out more...the resin seat, stick, and panel came out pretty nice I hope ;)
005%7E14.jpg

004%7E12.jpg

003%7E14.jpg

Gotta focus more on the Pe-2 right now...but will dabble more on this one as time permits...

Back