• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Kinetic F-86F-30 Sabre

Thanks Mike, Terry, and Old Dog...

Mike...I am busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest...hopefully things will let up soon!!

your work is a blessing. How is that kit for fit and finish? Oh and that pic on your phone looks awfully familiar. Are you on Agape too?

Thanks Paul for your kind words!

If you mean the pic on my phone in the first pics...that's me and my family on our front steps. I have visited Agape models, but am mostly here and SMA and the LEM...

Looking pretty good so far. I've got an old Hasegawa 1/32 F-86 that I've been wanting to start on. Havent looked at the kit too closely, so not sure how good it all is. Managed to snag several photoetch sets for it really cheap awhile back.

Well- hated to close up that engine- but you all saw it ;)

This one is going together 300% better than the Pe-2...here are some updated shots...just a wee bit of putty needed...
007%7E9.jpg

006%7E13.jpg

005%7E15.jpg

Need to pick up more Alclad...

Well-- now that teaching is done for a couple months, I have some free time again...in between all the projects my wife has for me. Here is an update-- most everything is painted and decalled. Kinetic's decals are very thin but that can be a problem for some of the bigger ones on the sheet which tend to curl up onto themselves and rip easily-- I have some Sol to settle into all the wrinkled areas you see here-- but everything is at least on...
sabre1.jpg

And some details on the speed brake wells (?)....
003%7E16.jpg

sabre2.jpg

Hoping to get the gear and canopy sections installed this weekend and then just a bit of weathering...

Keep working the solvents on that big decal Mike, get them all flat and a clear coat should take care of the rest.

Looks good, and big!

That was going to be my next question...what can I spray over all these to seal them in and yet keep the NMF looking good?

Well it's a given that anything you seal with is going to tone down the finish. Future or the Alclad Aqua Clear would be what I"d use. I'm sure others would have suggestions also.

Looks awesome. As to sealing,there is a metalizer sealer, but I have no idea how it looks afterwards. One of the reasons amongst many I dont do NMF.

James

If you are speaking of the Model Master sealer, I like it pretty well . I have not tried it on that particular type of paint though.
What you could do is just airbrush it on the decals ( I have done that before ). It will leave them looking semi gloss.
The metal finish itself does not require anything.

Cheers, Christian B)

Keep in mind that if you hand brush Future it will be a good deal shinier than with the MM. metal sealer. :fencing

Cheers, Christian B)

Back