• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Hasegawa Spit MK VI

Paulw

Some of you guys say this may be old school tech but not to me. Yes it has raised panel lines and the pit isn't like the Tamiya one but I think it will shine just as well. I spent some time on the ip and since the gun sight was missing so I robbed one from the spares box and cut some acetate for the reflector.

001_zps7c6f0a7d.jpg

002_zps002780be.jpg

003-19_zps2f7ba04f.jpg

005-15_zps8585f98b.jpg

008-10_zpsbd7d24b8.jpg

010-6_zpsc2b53334.jpg

Soooo... what happened to the Mig you said you were thinking of starting this morning! :hmmm :idonno

Great choice regardless. Looking forward to this! :ro: :popcorn

And the saga continues. This has gone fairly quickly with the pit and the fuse fit as good as it is I was quite surprised. the wing join was a little fickle but with some improved sanding it slid into place with little effort and tiny gaps to the fuse. all fixed though. I lost the reflector to the gun sight so Ill make another one.

001_zps3b1ae332.jpg

007-10_zps015a55e7.jpg

the canopy wast a bad fit either. I used micro liquitape to hold it together for painting then Ill nail it on after thats all done.
008-10_zps4de13008.jpg

009-9_zps763f2353.jpg

010-6_zpsc7ae8840.jpg

011-7_zpsb148de91.jpg

012-1_zps003ab58a.jpg

Well thats it for now. More after I came back from Chicago next week.

..... Greetings Paul;

Nice Spit..... :v .... :popcorn.

Building out of your stash, gives you an excuse
To buy the newer versions of the models........ :drinks

Mike

This thing kept staring me in the eye and asking when I was going to get done with her.
So I relented and did some paint and then broke off the kits gun barrels,oh well.
I had some in the parts box and did some not so good surgery and put them on in place of the kit ones.
I shot the future and another coat tomorrow then some decals. I should be done by Tuesday at the latest if nothing else gets in the way.

Again its not my best but then those are few and far between.

As always this isn't finished. I need to do some touch up painting and it should be all neat.

Back