• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/24 Trumpeter Hurricane

Paulw

I actually started this a while back on Old dogs and dollar 98 buddy build.

It mostly fits pretty well but the pit really sucks. so this is how far I got.

1/24 Trrumpeter Hurricane

Very nice. The tripod you made looks very cool. Cant see much of the engine or gun bays, are they detailed better than the cockpit? I havent seen one of these built before, but it intrigues me a bit. What markings are you thinking about? WOW thats a lot of question :D
James

Thanks guys. I really cant say as to what I will do because they are all pretty generic really. I do have one in mind though so it will be a bit of a surprise in the end. :good:

OK. I have got most of it together and it looks as if it may become one of my better builds. One only hopes.
There is something about Hawker planes that trips my trigger. I guess its because they look the part of a war plane, Just like the P-47.

h6e7a63d.JPG

h6693dd9.JPG

h38a38f6.JPG

I hear you Paul on the Hurricane. Even thought the Spitfire was the darling, the Hurricane was the true work horse of the BoB. It was also a better gun platform. Looking good (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

I put some color to it these last couple of days. The missing color on the nose is supposed to be something else so stand by to stand by.

I think it should be complete this week some time unless something else draws my attention away.

Ha, that sounds like military terminology . Standby to standby . Awaiting further confusion (y)

That nose has me intrigued , I must admit ! (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Now that looks spiffy. Nice colors for the desert scheme. Like Chris the nose has me intrigued.
James

I finished the camo scheme tonight and all that's left are just a few touch ups. This is from the 213 sqdn 1944, North Africa. I don't have any particulars about this except that they did this to mimic the Italian camo scheme. AK@G are the code letters if any one is interested. I also could use some suggestions for sun bleaching for this scheme or these colors.
h0c74278.JPG

h2502d2a.JPG

h449efd1.JPG

ha2d325c.JPG

ha901a8a.JPG

h2502d2a.JPG

The insides weren't really done well and some parts fell into the deep recesses of the fuse and permanently glued themselves into position... It is a new scheme for me as well. I think I(ll be done with this some time this coming week.

Very interesting. As for fading I'm not sure. I think adding a bit of yellow to the brown would give a faded look, and then misting it on 90% thinner. But try it on a scrap first, wouldnt like to see this one ruined. Anyone else more knowledgeable able to offer a better suggestion?
James

(y) (y)
I like the hurricane more than the spitfire :) And you made a beautiful job on this bird!
:drinks
//Mats

Thanks a lot Mats but it i9sn't finished just yet. Stay tuned to your favorite forum for updated coming soon :)

Back