• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/24 Trumpeter Hurricane

I have the upper surfaces done today, bottom tomorrow. since I didnt have any middle stone I sorta fudged it with some sort of concocted mixture that strikes me as something close. I guess the only mixed color I used was the dark brown and maybe the flat black. The wash is The Detailer from Long Enterprises. www.thedetailer.net. They have all kinds of colors to choose from.

for the sun fade, which I have to practice more, was one drop of Humbrol white and a whole bunch of isopropyl. I then used some of the Tamiya weathering master, the rust, to streak the flying surfaces and the rear of the fuse. Only now as I write this have I remembered that I forgot the S.N. on the fuse. The mirror came up missing so I replaced it with a P-51 mirror from that Dragon kit.

I hope you like it.

I knew that once I got over my finish job in the cockpit (how bad it looked) I thought I could cover it with the camo. Well I am very pleased the way this came out. I will put out a better photo feature tomorrow.

Looking great Paul! You got any buff? Seems it makes a great blending color for fading (thanks to Chuk for that).

Stick a fork in it and I am done (for now anyway). I had a nice day out to shoot some pic but my set up isn't that great.

I still need to get some good belts for the pit abd do a stretched sprue for some aerial and that's about it.

(y) (y) (y)
And these are good belts www.ultracast.ca/products/RB_Productions/24-Scale/RB-P24001/default.htm
James

Very nice work Paul!

The painting, weathering, and the pictures taken outdoors are all top notch work. :good:

If I were to ever build a Hurricane this one would be my choice, seldom are Allied aircraft painted in such an interesting way.

Matrixone

Stick a fork in it and I am done (for now anyway). I had a nice day out to shoot some pic but my set up isn't that great.

I still need to get some good belts for the pit abd do a stretched sprue for some aerial and that's about it.

Ditto what James said about the RB seatbelts. Used them on the P47 and P51.

Looks great!

Back