• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/24 Reebok Top Fuel Dragster

Adam Baker

Getting a kick in the pants from Iron Mike to post this build up, haha.

I decided last year to do a super detailed build, and this is basically what I ended up w/.

Kit is Revell Monogram Top Fuel dragster, and the decals are by a defunct company called Gecko Decals. Car depicts a car driven by Cristen Powell in the last race of the 1997 season. Unfortunately I havent been able to find any pictures at all of the car.

All I've been able to find is this image

reebok1.gif

I started off building the chassis, and it was a nightmare. Once it was done, I basically ended up w/ a banana

Chassis12.jpg

B/c of this, it took basically reworking the chassis, which took a lot more work than expected, but I finally ended up w/ a fairly straight chassis.

Chassis02.jpg

The real nightmare of the project was the super detailing of the engine.

I'll spare you the blow by blow, but this is the finished product.

engine_13.jpg

engine_15.jpg

engine_16.jpg

Unfortunately I'm not real happy w/ the finished product, but there's too much work in it to tear it apart and try again. I went "frugal" on this build, so I used beading wire & crimp tubes for the fuel lines and fittings, and overall its not bad, but I dont like the fuel lines. I also made my own pulleys, which I kinda like, but I ended up using electrical tape for the belt, and I pretty much hate it, but dont have much idea what else to use w/ what I have on hand.

Its pretty much been sitting at this point for over 18 months, b/c I got really tired of working on it, and never touched it again. Probably going to try getting a kick start on it, to at least finish it off and move on to other things.

So it's a shelf queen? I got a couple. There's been talk around here about having a Shelf Queen group build, maybe this could be your entry?

Think of this as the prototype for the one you build next year when all that new job cash flow starts!!! :D
I am sure there's more than a few modelers who would be very happy with your results as you have posted. The pursuit of excellence is what keeps us going! (y)

So it's a shelf queen? I got a couple. There's been talk around here about having a Shelf Queen group build, maybe this could be your entry?

I have something for a shelf queen build- several actually!

Adam this dragster is cool- I havn't built many cars ect, and never built a dragster...

Hi Adam, Glad Mike pestered you :D :D Nice job on the frame and I think the motor looks great!! The pulleys are sweet (y) (y)

Randy

Back