• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/18 scale Jukka Tervamäki JT-9T autogyro scratch

Water based white glue for wood, which becomes transparent when it dries, is just the right for the job. So, I opened a 500 grams canister bought for 2€ only, pick a small quantity, add just few drops of water with a syringe into a small metal container to make the right mixture and finally I applied on the desired areas to be filled with grass & plants, using a wet brush. Because the mixture is enriched with water based glue, it is easy to correct possible mistakes.

IMAGE_0329.jpg

IMAGE_0330.jpg

IMAGE_0331.jpg

IMAGE_0332.jpg

IMAGE_0333.jpg

IMAGE_0334.jpg

IMAGE_0335.jpg

IMAGE_0336.jpg

As soon as the result was OK, I sprayed over with Humbrol enamel mat coat, to seal the paint and grass, so far. I left it overnight and as soon as the enamel mat coat dried, I add very few light & dust effects with chalk dust. Feel free to check final pictures of the JT-9T autogyro placed on the display base.

IMAGE_0337.jpg

IMAGE_0338.jpg

IMAGE_0339.jpg

IMAGE_0340.jpg

IMAGE_0341.jpg

IMAGE_0342.jpg

IMAGE_0343.jpg

I also tried some camera shots with black paper background (instead of white) & different light conditions and I was surprised on how the model looks like. From now on, black background and low level lighting only...

PS. A little sparrow bird is now present on tail fin :D

IMAGE_0347.jpg

IMAGE_0348.jpg

IMAGE_0349.jpg

IMAGE_0350.jpg

IMAGE_0351.jpg

IMAGE_0352.jpg

Wow. What a fantastic thread for a fantastic job, Not only is the model very cool, and the setting perfext, but the actual sbs is awesome. Everything is just aweinspiring.
:notworthy :notworthy (y) (y) (y)
James

CHAPTER XII - Aknowledgments

I would like to express my special thanks to:

• All fellow scale modelers, who have expressed their ideas through this forum and suggested solutions to technical issues encountered during this WIP.
  • Mr. George Papadimitriou, owner of Hobby Gallery hobby shop and exclusive distributor for LifeColor & AK Interactive products in Greece, for his kind support and providing all the goodies I asked for - from A to Z.
  • My sweetheart wife, who actively participated in the project as an indispensable assistant, offering me relaxing neck massage while working on my bench.

Finally, thank you all for following this thread and I hope you enjoyed reading this article. I’ll meet you soon, on my next scale modeling project.

Regards,
Nick

IMAGE_0353.jpg

igMsq2.jpg

Back