• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/16 Trumpeter WWII Soviet Tank Crew Vol. 2

Jeeves

This one will go together nicely I think-- all styrene-- some PE too-- but the detail is pretty nice as is...
002~67.jpg

003~70.jpg

Well-- I have things pretty much all together on him now...still have to work on the PPSH41 and whatever else I can think to add to spice up the base.....

002~68.jpg

003~71.jpg

I've got Vol 1 & 2 figures and the Vol 1 (one wearing the overalls) is about a 1/4" shorter than the Vol 2. This figure matches up pretty well in overall proportions to other 1/16 figures.

Cheers,
Rich

Upon further review.....

I think the difference is that the Kirin German Dragoon (left) and the Tank Crew 2 (centre) figures are 1/15 scale. They are both about 4.8" (120 mm) from boot soles to top of the head.

The Tank Crew 1 (right) figure is 1/16 scale, about 4.5" (115 mm) from boot soles to top of head. When looked at closely, his head, hands and feet are also smaller than Tank Crew 2.

This is assuming an average height of 6'.

Figures.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Here is where he stands (literally) now-- I have plenty of work to do on the face...

The leather coat and rifle stock were brushed with Future to give them a nice sheen...
003~72.jpg

Trying to figure how to make flat plastic hair pop as well ;)

Got him on the start of a base-- still need to work those eyes a bit-- the base gives me a bit more to hold onto ;)

006~61.jpg

007~55.jpg

008~42.jpg

Thanks Luiz--- going to need to clean it up a bit too....base came with the figure but I added terrain to it...

Thanks MP ;)

Need some feedback on the eyes-- this is my 5th attempt but I'm feeling it still isn't right...
004~68.jpg

005~68.jpg

Found a nice tutorial on You Tube from Dave of Last Calvary- but I'm afraid my shaky hands make this a challenge for me...

Hi Jeeves
I just wanted to say that your figure is coming along great.
Its not my place to say how to do eyes. I'm working on my first, small 1/48 figure, and small looks more normal with the eyes left alone.
I can tell you my impression on your figure's eye's, though. They look a-little large frankly, almost like the Japanese anime style. Not criticizing, just saying my initial impression.

Perhaps if you held a hand mirror when your painting, you could look at your own eyes and see how not so wide they actually are behind the upper and lower lid. Just trying to help.

Ben :eek:ldguy

Thanks Ben-- no offense taken mate-- I did ask ;) I am in agreement...I've put it aside a bit to take a few days breather and then I'll try to fix things...

Mike come back with some of the flesh tones around the eyelids and kinda outline the eyelids, I think...what do I know about painting figures?

I saw this awhile back. I've watched it once. I'm very unsure with my skills at painting figures and I thought this seemed good for painting large figures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eHjZwQDSro

:drinks

Back