• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

More JUNKING around .

Well, that is a whole lot of work and looks like it was worth it. Looking forward to the next update. :good:

So the Apoxie has not cured, you're using it for bonding?

The Apoxie is not cured when you put is in . Squeeze it to fit and trim as necessary .

Open the halves and let it cure and it'll be a great support when assembled I think I used some super glue in the wings as extra insurance, so that it does not come loose .

Cheers, C B)

Thanks Paul, Luiz , Mike and Mr. Bob for the kind words

Getting close to returning to the cockpit . Will be glad when all the sub assemblies are ready to be mated together .

Cheers, C. B)

Magnificent work man! I love the technique you used for painting the exhaust. That is most realistic.

Thanks Duke . That has been a goal for a long time . Tricky on 1/72 exhaust because they're so small but this one has a plenty of material to work with.

Cheers, C. B)

I just about have the wings corrected but I keep having this recurring issue

hdaf9749.jpg

These wingtips created because of the modular layout will not stay on worth a hoot . Guess I should have used re bar :facepalm I think this is the 4 th. time one has broken of.

Cheers, C. B)

Damn, what is causing that? Are the wings so warped they break when you try to correct them?

I can't imagine what is causing that?

Bob

Nice Chris! Love the exhausts!

I wonder why the wing tips are acting like that!

:popcorn

Just guessing Warren but I suspect the wings have interchangeable wingtips so they didn't need new molds for the JU 188 . Just the wing tips.

By the way the wings are not a good example of a G model wing ( that's why the extra scribing ) I suspect they are really the same as the preceeding A model ones.

They do not fit particularly well and there there is not enough surface to melt into a good joint I wish I had foreseen that .
I would have plugged it with plastic and reinforced with brass rods . :idonno Oh well !

Cheers, C B)

Looking good (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
So whats up with the wings? Do you have a thought on your way ahead?
James

Since the work is completed, I just cleaned up the one and re-glued it with Tamiya thin. Gonna try to use great care.

Best scenario would probably been to fill the cavity with styrene and put in some brass . That would be difficult at this point.

Cheers, C. B)

Damn, what is causing that? Are the wings so warped they break when you try to correct them?

I can't imagine what is causing that?

Bob

They are not warped Bob but not a very good fit and there's not a whole lot of plastic to bond together :blink .

I'm sure my big hand didn't help but never this problem before :facepalm

I 'll figure it out . Cheers, C. B)

Back