• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

More JUNKING around .

Sweet! Glad you got some bench time in. :popcorn

Hi Bob. I've made it up this week with Zero bench time . Just too much explaining for here but with Rhino in town and IronMike wanting t go to the races.....I'm gonna stay busy for a while longer :frantic .

Cheers, C. B)

Looking good! Lizard, huh?

h22e5af7.jpg

:drinks

LOL... :rotf Not in tiny land .

Thanks Dave , James , Duke , Mr. Bob and Luiz . for looking in on me .

Still considering how to go .

One of the problem with these kits that are designed so that the manufacturer can issue multiple applications is that there is so many parts to tape together and try to get an impression of your own modifications :bang head

Cheers, C. B)

There are two noses available from Quickboost .

The one I chose appeared to be somewhat too big in diameter . Really hard to judge as the are not symmetrical and there are so many fiddly parts to try and line up.

I finally came up with an idea to better judge fit of the nose .

h8fc500b.jpg

First, I made an imprint of the fuselage and then placed the nose in the imprint and it appears good . Don't want to have a dust problem with the cockpit once I get to the assembly stage .

The second check reveals that the nose cone droops when mounted as is .

h843f61a.jpg

Somehow, that seems improbable in real life , so I'll just wing it from here.

h52def04.jpg

Inserting a .020 shim on the bottom made it appear more believable . Now to decide whether to add to the bottom or remove it from the top edge... :bang head .

I'm going to do the interior before going any further .

Cheers, Christian B)

Wow!

That .020 shim made a big difference!

Amazing how such a little change can make such a difference!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

So you'll be performing a nose lift? I think I would add to the bottom, the top margin between the nose and canopy is a focal point more so than the bottom.

Press on. :good:

I agree Mike .

The canopy is likely to be installed to keep the various parts line up and be in danger of damage .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Luiz and Ian . Your interest is appreciated :good:

Modeling still seems to be hit and miss . Posting pictures even more so . :soldier

I have made progress even though I have not done what I said I would.

h8d6eab8.jpg

I primed the cockpit area was primed with Mr surfacer

h78b4fbd.JPG

and that's where I went off the rails Airbrush in hand , I primed the tail wheel well, followed by RLM 02

hbbc7cef.jpg

Same with the main wells. While there I inserted some Apoxie to keep the hollow places from flexing while I build. That always results in broken seems on the leading edges.

hc6af728.jpg

Super glued the leading edge and used Tamiya on the trailing edge.

h4756ec1.JPG

Same story on fuselage , except it's super glue all around .
Next, everything was sanded and scribed

Next, the engine housings were scribed and assembled

h84fd5c2.jpg

I was not crazy about the kit carburetor intake or the exhaust , so it's now Quickboost ( on the right )

hb5cfd6c.jpg

The props were cleaned up and metal tubing replaced the kit attachment pins

h2c4edef.jpg

The exhaust was painted AK silver and then misted with clear Tamiya yellow

h3edcd2e.jpg

The props were painted, the radiators detailed and the exhaust stained .

That's all for now . Cheers, Christian B)

Back