• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

More JUNKING around .

Here are some scans from one of my Kagero books. These are pretty decent books and these pages show the belly 4 gun pod you are talking about. Should be able to work from them.

114.jpg

115.jpg

116.jpg

126.jpg

131.jpg

Let me know if you need a little more info.

Ah that last diagram appears to have the correct weapons tray for that bird . Nearly identical to Hasegawa .

Barrels angled down 5 degrees . Wont have to worry about the antlers on this one .

Shrage music weapons mounted just rear of the canopy at 70 degree from horizontal .

A problem with the crew cabin though . Only two seat but it calls for a four member crew :facepalm More looking required.

Thank you for the picture Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for your efforts Garry . I do appreciate it.

The history of the JU 88 line of aircraft has a very complicated history, culminating in the JU 188 and JU 388 .

Your post sent me back to searching through my know books . The squadron JU 88 part 1 & 2 . AJ Press beautiful books on the JU 188 / JU 388 part 1 & 2 and William Greens's Warplanes of the Third Reich .

h4b44a7a.jpg

The AJ books are very good for the JU 188 & 388 information.

The Squadron books fill their own niche but are very skimpy on information and the pictures are generally of poor quality.

The book pictured above is 670 pages account of the Luftwaffe aircraft . Pictures , drawing and detailed accounts of types, production , armament etc . Worth having if you have an inquiring mind for German aircraft. I've had it a long time and sometimes forget I have it.

More info coming . Cheers, Christian B)

I just realized what this was, my copy is from the mid 80's and has a red slip cover. It is a quite handy reference tome, but I have found it does have it's issues. I try and find other sources to confirm and add to the info.

Thanks for your efforts Garry . I do appreciate it.

The history of the JU 88 line of aircraft has a very complicated history, culminating in the JU 188 and JU 388 .

Your post sent me back to searching through my know books . The squadron JU 88 part 1 & 2 . AJ Press beautiful books on the JU 188 / JU 388 part 1 & 2 and William Greens's Warplanes of the Third Reich .

h4b44a7a.jpg

The AJ books are very good for the JU 188 & 388 information.

The Squadron books fill their own niche but are very skimpy on information and the pictures are generally of poor quality.

The book pictured above is 670 pages account of the Luftwaffe aircraft . Pictures , drawing and detailed accounts of types, production , armament etc . Worth having if you have an inquiring mind for German aircraft. I've had it a long time and sometimes forget I have it.

More info coming . Cheers, Christian B)

I just realized what this was, my copy is from the mid 80's and has a red slip cover. It is a quite handy reference tome, but I have found it does have it's issues. I try and find other sources to confirm and add to the info.

I agree . There is nothing that will ever be all encompassing :facepalm

Cheers, C.

This is beginning to look like one of MP's threads, when do we start? :tomato

Ah, you've noticed . I was trying to not drop names but I was hopping to get four pages worth before opening the box :rotf

Sorry Mike I think I'm showing more but this one needs some research before I get carried away .

Cheers, C B)

:rotf

Let's cut some sprue Chris! :popcorn

Sorry Bob. I actually have but the time to get past the research has not been available yet.

Actually that process has begun but nothing to show for it but this.

ha39c140.JPG

See, it was not worth it... :smack

Cheers, C. B)

Saturday & Sunday will be no better.

Well Chris, you inspired me so I ran out to e-bay and picked up this guy....

h1bab2f4.JPG

Now to find some aftermarket goodies.

:drinks

Well Chris, you inspired me so I ran out to e-bay and picked up this guy....

h1bab2f4.JPG

Now to find some aftermarket goodies.

:drinks

Well Mike I find that complimentary . It's not everyday I'm able to corrupt a friend :good:

Looking at the box art , you may want to check some real pictures . The think the flame dampers might be curved the wrong way.

Cheers, Christian B) Happy building .

Again, fleeing moments at the desk but if have horizontal stabs ready to go

h87afd5f.jpg

A good kit the panel lines/fastener marks are not consistent .

If you notice the fasteners are real nice but the panel line runs across one That's because the designer put in an extra panel line .

You'll notice it's gone on the next pic
h615c375.jpg

ture.
the nose halves have been tooled and the small windows glued in and sanded to look like panels

I could never get the small triangular window to fit, so I went with sprue and made it fit
hd9eb588.jpg

h76a3354.jpg

Looks like it will all work except the canopy still need a bit if work.

Truthfully, it reminds me of a lizard so far

Cheers, Christian B)

Back