• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kawasaki KI-61 Tony (Swallow )

Thank you everyone for looking in . It's been a fun couple of days .

The wheel wells are painted and the airplane ( as has become my habit :pinch: ) has been painted twice :facepalm

I wound up mixing some Vallejo and AK paint to resemble a paint chip posted in aviation of Japan.

h4386951.jpg

Anyhow , I like it better :)

Hope you enjoy the brief show . It's stll drying . Cheers, Christian B)

Very nice Chris. I wish I could paint like this. Watching the rest of the build with interest.
James

No time for modeling today . Found just enough time to remove the masking tape from the bottom and snap a picture :pilot

h835a146.jpg

Not much to it really but I'm at a starting point now :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi guys. Nice of you to drop by here and check on this build . I hope I don't disappoint .

Frankly , getting to this point has been rather impromptu . It all started with the KI-61 and the paint name of Khaki brown for the paint . After that , there were several disturbances in the field.

First, I was intrigued by the extreme metal paint and I have been experimenting ever since . The worn and tattered look that this last picture revealed would have been easier to get to if I had started from the plastic upward :facepalm
but that's not the way it evolved . :frantic
We'll just see what I can do from this point onward .
Oh well, it's supposed to be an adventure and so far that best describes it :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Hello all :Hiay . Still much time and I am just dinking around with this bird when I get in the mood . Pretty much feeling my way around and looking for more pictures That might illustrate this build.

I have now tinted the anti glare and non skid zones on the bird using Mig pigments .

hee2db2b.jpg

This morning, I finally made up my mind to paint the recognition markings . The decals look very nice but I was concerned that they could be translucent .
This way , I could better control the effect as well as the shade which is reportedly more orange than what is usually modeled .

All along I have been thinning and chipping the top paint where I think it might be appropriate .

h728e811.jpg

hfb371c4.jpg

Hope you enjoy . More coming in the future.

Cheers, Christian B)

The lived in look! :pilot Is that paint Tall Grass or Young Bamboo? :D

Well, since you asked . It's Khaki brown mixed with parched grass . :rotf
Can't hardly believe how well the paint and the extreme metal are holding on to the plastic. :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Back