• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kawasaki KI-61 Tony (Swallow )

Looking good,sorry about the last minute change of plans. I would have liked to see it in person. (y) :drinks

Well , finally got to this point . Still have 55 minutes.

Hmmm , due to some difficulties between my understanding of how the picture posting works, I decided to try from scratch this morning .

I'll start from the bottom up .

h1620970_2018-03-24.JPG

The gear door retract mechanism was way oversize , so I made new ones to be more realistic .

h0f78355_2018-03-24.jpg

I made an oil cooler door and installed fine screen to give the rear of the radiator some detail.

Finally, the lower side was weathered . ( I assumed they did try and keep this aircraft clean.

hcf1ac41_2018-03-24-2.jpg

Installed quickboost exhaust

The wheel is cocked because it just casters while the rudder is centered by springs.

hd7a5fc6_2018-03-24.jpg

Wing guns scratched with Albion tubing . Cowl cannon by Master barrels, gear indicator ( painted brass rod ) and landing light scratched by yours truly.

hd67e0b5.jpg

The rest are just random pictures . You might pick out brake lights and the vac formed sliding piece of the canopy .

h99a2af3_2018-03-24.jpg

ha1b3200.jpg

h104f55e_2018-03-24.jpg

h82ea7de_2018-03-24.jpg

hb0a625f.jpg

hfc94bff.jpg

hd67e0b5_2018-03-24.jpg

h4ac0caa.jpg

Sorry I was not on time. Still amazes me that I can input something to the computer / web site and something totally different comes up .
Even more frustrating is the difficulty involved with editing the pictures I tried to post :blush:

I hope you guys enjoy the pictures . This is a worthwhile kit. Cheers, Christian B)

The answers are usually simple Bob . Helps to understand the topic though ... which is probably where I was.

If you got the mower going, that deserves another prayer . :facepalm you'll be expected to use it now :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Wow Christian, that turned out amazing!

i think the finish really shows the effort you put into this one!!

(y) (y)

Back