• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IJN Egg-Kagi Aircraft Carrier Vignette

h1e5e0e3.JPG

I just won't let the egg-Dolphin family go. This will be the fianl attempt to mold/cast them.
My madness has a limit.

HA! More as this ridiculous story unfolds! Thanks guys! I think the brake lights may be fiber-optic on a egg-Dolphin! :facepalm
Or Sumpin'!
:rotf
I know! How about an Egg-Manatee for our Southern Modelers!!!
:tomato

I poured the Egg-critter mold a bit ago. The 1/350 killer whale is in there, along with some double secret stuff for Master Mike! :rotf

we'll see what happens in a few hours. :idonno

:rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :dance :rotf :yipee

hd3d4c38.JPG

It WORKED!!
:bang head :yipee :bang head :yipee :yipee
The pod of Egg-Doffins is multiplying as when pressure pot wheezes!
I went & cast the 1/350 (non-egg) Killer Whale too. I have no idea what to do with Nick-Fin. He's coming out beautiful! (If you like Whales.) :dance

In any case! Back to the Model!

h97b69a5.JPG

A tool I use everyday. This day it is the unlikeliest of modeling tools!

h06d7d52.JPG

hf7a8540.JPG

hf7a694f.JPG

h0331f0b.JPG

I started on 2 wave bases today. Base #1, Running downwind in following sea, with a BIG swell. Posible Egg-Doffin locations included! :rotf
And.........................

h03ddbd3.JPG

hc9ded26.JPG

h524eb73.JPG

Bashing almost head-on into a monstrous sea and big wind. Not unlike the sea state Nagumo San and company endured in early December, 1941.

What do you Men think?

In any case! Back to the Model!

h97b69a5.JPG

A tool I use everyday. This day it is the unlikeliest of modeling tools!

h06d7d52.JPG

hf7a8540.JPG

hf7a694f.JPG

h0331f0b.JPG

I started on 2 wave bases today. Base #1, Running downwind in following sea, with a BIG swell. Posible Egg-Doffin locations included! :rotf
And.........................

h03ddbd3.JPG

hc9ded26.JPG

h524eb73.JPG

Bashing almost head-on into a monstrous sea and big wind. Not unlike the sea state Nagumo San and company endured in early December, 1941.

What do you Men think?

You know what I think! :ro:

:drinks

Either way, I like the "Follow Sea" base best. Given my oft repeated nautical blessing.

h96ea75c.JPG

I got this hunk of foam board from a tile guy. It is used to make walls for tile showers. Surface conditioning has been interesting. It DOES NOT like Tamiya filler. C/A glue, Future, acrylic paints seem to cause no harm.
I haven't tested Alum-a-lite's clear resin on the surface yet. Coarse shaping, test-fitting and laughter continues........
:rotf :dance :yipee :gogo

Back