• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IJN Egg-Kagi Aircraft Carrier Vignette

h75be2b3.JPG

Flight deck. Testor's metalizer sealer (Cuz' it dries fast) and a light wash of brown to bring out wood deck details.
I edged the evevalors in red sharpie marker.
Hint!: Red Sharpie does NOT go well with Metalizer Sealer!! :smack

h76c9160.JPG

h22affba.JPG

Port & Starboard portholes & Hull openings. I bet I flat coat with Acrylic something!

h709fb03.JPG

Good Music, compressor running. Jackie & Tator hang out in the "Nut Department". I don't think they care about models, they mostly wait for a hand-out!

Great looking deck, I love it. I also love your cats! The striped one looks just like my Misty. Sweet!
My cats will come into my hobby room too. Sylvester and Misty both check out the bench to make sure everything is going together well, then they go curl up somewhere and stay with me to keep me company.

Looking very cool Chris (y) !

You would think that some nice decals would be more practical than wood strips. :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

hfdc0c05.JPG

Small boats & big, silly guns! The nested 3rd Cutter bounced off my cheek, and vanished into the miasma of "The Nut Department". I won't worry. I have LOTS of small boats!

hf644fb1.JPG

My first masking attempt was unsuccessful. The deck stripe mask & I just couldn't see eye-to-eye.
These are the kit decals, after a good dousing of solvaset, and Future clear coat.
Not quite perfect, but still fun to apply!!
:yipee

Back