• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IJN Egg-Kagi Aircraft Carrier Vignette

hc19cb49.JPG

Two red hulls, you wonder?
Just in case a hand-basket appears without warning and my very first ever base goes where hand-baskets customarily go!
2 ways to display Egg-Kagi.

h9e85cd1.JPG

Wave base, with resin rudders in the water, wake turbulence and other hydrodynamic paint accents in place. I'll schmush the hull down on top of them when I fix it too the base.

Thanks for lookin' in!

If your build your Chibi-Maru Akagi, as Fujimi intended............
h5110881.JPG

h518a575.JPG

h697f99e.JPG

She might look like this! I love the big, silly, screws! Tamiya brass paint pen, shaded with Tamiya clear smoke!

BUT I WON'T! Yes my Brothers! I MUST play with this one, for not only my own amusement!

Thanks for lookin' in!!
:salute
:eek:ldguy
:pilot

h37c1ade.JPG

I'm home with my annual bronchitis. A greater illness than this must come along before I am unable to model!
It won't truly be a bathtub. It will be funny! More like a Samurai horse-trough!

h42e1165.JPG

hcbc40ac.JPG

Modeling supplies are everywhere!! A little poplar trim, garnered from Don's collection of interesting wood bits and coffee stir-sticks from the supply house at work.
This time of year, you remember where the best cup of complimentary coffee is!

Thanks for looking in!

Thanks Guys, for all your kindnesses! It's going to be a busy vignette by the time the Egg-Doffins are placed!
I'm completely, happily, screwing off and trying not to overdue the trough.
Trim Carpenter, I ain't!!
:hmmm
:rotf

h5e54a0b.JPG

h81015d2.JPG

Test fit!
I'm calling the unpainted base done. Unless I think of any way to make it sillier!! :dance :drool :frantic

Back