• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IAR 81C

Chuck, that's going to be one hell of a plane. I want to see the end result, not too many people build Romanian stuff and this one is particularly close to my heart.

There are no IAR's left anywhere in the world unfortunately, I know some people who want to build a 1/1 replica fully functional if possible. You are not just showcasing your modelling skills but also the graphics (impeccable - that girl there is WOW :blush:) but also do a bit of justice to a great plane and all the brave men who flew them.
Lt. Margo's uniform - I think it's the right color from what I know - petrol grey if memory serves me well.
You can make her a honorary member of the White Squadron - those were Red Cross planes, women flew them to evacuate the wounded from the front line.

Rock on brother :notworthy (y) :D

You did all that and STILL found time to create the StuG ribbon? :notworthy :notworthy

Fantastic work! :drinks

You are all so overwhelmingly kind- my thanks!! I've got to admit: I am sweating this one. The reference available is very good- so how can I ignore all the details? That said, no reference is perfect: I've been spending a great deal of time making educated guesses. :idonno ;)

That spade grip was a real PITA- and it took 4 tries (after shooting two reasonable copies into the Hereafter like tiddly-winks. As for the instrument panels, they have been truly time-consuming. One great discovery from the process is that pie-pan aluminum is super-easy to punch with the Wauldron sets- from tiny dots to big discs. I'll be using that material a lot from now on.

Again, thanks for the kind words- much appreciated on this end!
chuk

Looking great Chuck!
As always you are inspiring me to step it up a notch on my new build! I always learn something new from your builds, and appreciate the window dressing! (y)

Hi Chuck,

Can always count on you to deliver an inspiring update :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

That paint technique is perfect for the cockpit with it's viewing angles (y) (y)

Randy

I am waiting for an update...
pK1Gn.gif

regards,

Oh Shark'
That is just too funny! Needed a good laugh this monday morning!

As to a new update from Chuck, I know it will be a good one once he posts it.

Thanks, guys- sorry to make you all wait! ;D The instrument panel is kicking my ass- I have to tear it out and rebuild. It was not a weekend conducive to modeling, either- but I got started on the engine, at least. For the next update, expect a sinister new anti-helper. B)

Back