• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IAR 81C

Amazing as always. However, Marina's outfit has the wrong rose print... the Romanian rose print is a smaller bloom with larger leaves...

OK, I was looking too closely!

Did you get any modelling done?

Regards,

Awesome indeed!

Wolfie.jpg

Fantastic details and craftsmanship! (y) :drinks

Beautiful detailing on the cockpit Chuck, (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

It makes me want to build a flying thingy! Maybe after I finish the monster!

Great stuff Chuk! Just love seeing all these little bits come together!

Personally, I preferred your "artistic" chicken scratches...I miss them.

Tom

Hi Chuck, mate it looks unreal - and :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: at the posts - you're an artist.

It happens that my grandfather flew IAR80 in WW2 so I will totally follow this built.

If there is any help you might need with translations from Romanian please let me know, more than happy to help.

:drinks :good:

Thanks, everyone- such warm praise is highly appreciated. :lol: I'm learning so much from your comments- I never knew Saul was so knowledgeable about cultural openwork. :woohoo: White Wolf- that's a fascinating bit of news about your Grandfather- how heroic! I'll take you up on your kind offer if the need comes up- thanks! Big Bob, if I can get you to build a plane I'll proudly wear that feather in my cap. Thanks, Tom- I'll likely be switching back and forth between hand-lettering and type- because the type tool in Photoshop can be such a headache!

I'll keep on building and drawing boobs, so on to the new year! Happy 2014, my friends!

You're welcome Chuck - let me know.

As for my grandad, never met him, he lost his life in 1943. All I know is from my nan, he flew IAR80, Me109 and ended up in the Recon Squadron - not sure which plane(s) he flew there.

All that is left - couple of photographs that my mum has (will scan and post here when I get the chance), a camera and his watch - Universal Geneve AeroCompax - special order from Romanian Ministry of War for all pilots. The watch is still working and it's my mum's most treasured possession. As for hero, don't know much about that, all I know is that he was a loving man who did his job when called upon.

Thanks for the kind words and good luck with the IAR.

Laurence

Hi Chuck, Well now, you just keep on building and drawing those boobies :yipee

This cockpit is just off the chain my friend :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I keep going back and finding more stuff to admire!!!!

Randy

jaw-dropping.gif
As always Chuck not much that I can say about your work that has not already been said . Just fabulous :woohoo:

You sure do set the bar tremendously high. :good: Keep it coming. Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks a bunch! There was something about Marina that just wasn't cutting it for me, so I did a little work on her and brightened her up a bit. This stuff is never done! ;)

Amazing work Chuk... amazing! :ro: :ro: :ro:

Detail parts and casting is beautiful! They look like a real injection molded plastic parts B)

All the best!
Dusan.

Hey Chuck!
Have been offline since my move and finally had to look up this thread to see how things were progressing. As always your builds are full of inspiring ideas, I especially like the wire bundle idea and will do something similar on my new current project. Your illustrations are much appreciated, and while the block text is more work in Adobe, it is much easier to read.

Keep up the good work! (y)

Back