• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IAR 81C

Thanks, Tom! :laugh:

On the the occasion of the Romanian National Holiday I introduce a new friend, and some somewhat neurotic detailing. Lecotenent Margo with explain everything!

IAR_014.jpg

IAR_015.jpg

IAR_016.jpg

IAR_017.jpg

IAR_018.jpg

IAR_019.jpg

IAR_020.jpg

IAR_021.jpg

Margo_001.jpg

Great stuff Chuk!!!

Do I understand correctly, you annealed a wound guitar string?

Always wondered if that would work.

Staying tuned...(whoops...bad pun)

Tom

Hmmm... going to have to grab some guitar wire next time my son changes his strings. Another great tip Chuck. :geek

:good: Herr Chukw, Ich muB sagen Ihrer Lili gefehlt mir Sehr! Ein schoener Flugzeug auch!
Ausgetzeichnet! :notworthy

Thanks, everyone! Obviously I just can't leave well enough alone! ;) I've gotten warnings of a few shortfalls in the kit, and on the Romanian boards there are hot debates over things like the profile of the fuselage spine and the particulars of the wheel wells. The latter amusingly translate as "the bathroom"- maybe they're called tubs, locally. :laugh: Next up for me is the floor and seat- lots to be done there- and I may well remake the entire instrument panel. A modeler's work is never done!

:drinks
chuk

Thanks, friends! I've got a busy weekend ahead of me, but I've got to get some bench time in- stay tuned!

I present my last post for 2013- hooray! I've really gotten absorbed into the details of the cockpit- such a challenge not only to build, but to learn about all the various sub-systems and widgets. You'll also note that I've replace my "artistic' chicken-scratch with actual typography- I hope it suits you.

The lovely Marina will be your guide- cheers- and a happy New Year to one and all!

IAR_022.jpg

IAR_023.jpg

IAR_024.jpg

IAR_025.jpg

IAR_026.jpg

IAR_027.jpg

IAR_028.jpg

IAR_029.jpg

IAR_030.jpg

Marina_01.jpg

Chuk, :coolio just a quiet word if I may....

....Erm, is Marina seeing anyone at the moment :blush:

Ian

ps
Superb model engineering - but let me know about Marina, OK :good:

Marina = WOW! :woohoo:

the detail work = WOW! :woohoo:

Man, you must have good eyes or at least I hope you use some sort of magnifier!

Going to add a little map to that map pocket? it would be a nice addition! :hmmm

Back