• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Grumman Widgeon

Thanks James . Will try to update the props latter . I've done two more steps already.

Will probably do something tomorrow that involves Maple syrup :frantic

Cheers, C. B)

No major updates here .
The metal fairing have been hand painted on followed by the cloth cover on the wingtips and a light coat of Tamiya clear yellow . Probably not quite yellow enough but I'm sticking to it.

Finally a flat coat since they would not be shinny long in salt water.

h88622f9.jpg

Still need to paint the spinners when I come back .

Then fit the windscreen

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys. Definitively been an interesting build from where I sit .

Thank you all for the comments.

Thanks, Christian B)

Ok, back at the bench ( sort of ) :pinch:

I did manage to secure the windscreen. Fits in some places . Used super glue and some tacky glue to fill the gaps.

It's gonna take some more work to fair things in .

h073de78.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Ok, back at the bench ( sort of ) :pinch:

I did manage to secure the windscreen. Fits in some places . Used super glue and some tacky glue to fill the gaps.

It's gonna take some more work to fair things in .

h073de78_2018-08-18.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Unfortunately the poor little Wigeon encountered a problem problem and I have yet to find a fix for it.

Sorry , it is currently a hanger queen :(

Cheers, Christian B)

Sorry to hear that Christian, I know the feeling. It usually works out for the best as you will ponder solutions and have it worked out when you get back to it.

Sorry to hear that Christian, I know the feeling. It usually works out for the best as you will ponder solutions and have it worked out when you get back to it.

Thanks for the positive vibes . Actually ,I've been pondering since the last post ( a long time ago now ).

Two choices .

Find another kit for the replacement vac formed windshield that I deformed .

Cut this windshield out and see if I can fix it. Frankly I don't know how since I don't have a master for it :frantic

Cheers, C. B)

Sorry to hear that Christian. Just made a check to see if Falcon or Squadron make a vac canopy for that kit and they don’t.

Ciuld you use some bass wood to make a new master and try and mold a new one?

Thanks Warren . I have already done as well as contacted Pavla without any results.

The Bass wood is likely the way to do it but that's above my ability ( probably desire )

Cheers , C. B)

This was looking good until the mishap. I hope you are able to find a solution because you have been doing a good job on this and I'd like to see you be able to complete it instead of having to retire it to the plastic hangar.

Unfortunately, I have not made any aircraft models so I have no advice to offer. Hopefully you can find a suitable replacement.

Cheers,
James

Back