• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Grumman Widgeon

Post a picture of the damage, let's see.

Well Bob since you asked . Look at the dimple in in that windscreen .

That's what happens when you are polishing a vac form transparency with a buffing wheel and it jams between it and the cowling.

Heat and pressure was not my friend . It is by no way burned up . Just deformed a bit.

I had no idea those cowls would interfere with the polishing :idonno

hb97b0cf.JPG

Definitely don't want to give it up but every time I look at it I get green around the gills :sick:

I need a definite plan before I try to fix it .

Thank Mike and Warren for the thoughts and encouragement.

Cheers, C. B)

This was looking good until the mishap. I hope you are able to find a solution because you have been doing a good job on this and I'd like to see you be able to complete it instead of having to retire it to the plastic hangar.

Unfortunately, I have not made any aircraft models so I have no advice to offer. Hopefully you can find a suitable replacement.

Cheers,
James

Thank James for the kind words . This kit which I knew nothing about a year ago has gone from 0:00 love for the Airfix kit ( a waste of plastic )
h38922bd.jpg

To :D when I viewed a finished 1/48 kit and viewed some pictures of the real aircraft .

My MK. I computer is still processing some ideas :hmmm

The Pavla kit has the potential for a good rendition but it's pretty much hammer and anvil work.

Cheers, C. B)

Post a picture of the damage, let's see.

hb97b0cf.JPG

Ahh, yep I have had those experiences before. I now call them opportunities to learn something new. You almost never learn the true extent of your abilities until you have to fix a FUBAR.

I know you can fix it Christian! You are just stuck in the "REALLY!" spot at the moment. You will get it figured out.

Very true, it's an opportunity if I can be successfully . Failing would be awful since a replacement is pretty much out of question .

Can't fill that in with clear resin or CA and sand it down? Cut it out and put a new one in?

Not really sure Bob . I have a feeling it probably would still show somewhat .

The other thing is that it was somewhat thin to start with and it has been sanded twice to make it conform to the plastic . No telling how thin it has already become.

This would be a simple task if it were plastic . Thermaform is weird to work with . It has the ability to change to Saran wrap in an instant .

Cheers, Christian B)

Drill a hole, stick a pin in and pull it out like a dent.

Or get another one and just cut this one out and replace?

:rotf Guess anything is possible :coolio I would hate for him to have to spend that much on a poorly made Czechoslovakian made model :facepalm

Just boxed up what's left and put it up for safekeeping till I find an answer or an affordable copy :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Back