• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Grumman Widgeon

Had to put on a second coat, but this is as long as it took.

h54c89cc.jpg

Back to touching up the panel lines

Cheers, Christian B)

Hey Christian, I ran across this drawing when looking around for Kingfisher info and thought you might like it if you don't have it already.

hffc036b.jpg

A lot of work but it is coming along well Christian.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Thanks Paul . It has been a bit of a beastie . Hopefully , I can give it some justice :)

Thank you for the line drawing . Gonna print it out and color the prop . I think that will help with the visualization of the layers.

Cheers, C. B)

Item by item the project advances :soldier

This mornings distraction was a family moving through my yarg

h7a2a538_2018-08-04.jpg

There were three fawns but never saw all together nor the adults.

Meanwhile some small progress is added. The drilled out oil heat exchangers as well as the engine compartment vents.

h48e78a1.jpg

h5fe28fb.jpg

I also removed the mask fro the wheel wells so I can see how everything fits in
h2c8601a_2018-08-04.jpg

Not sure it will go well.

attachment:4]bits and pieces 002a.jpg[/attachment]

Things will need a lot of work first.

h76cbfa7.jpg

also added all the hinges on flight controls

h1c99d7d.jpg

Anyhow, that's how she looks now

Cheers, Christian B)

Those are landing gear? :blink

Yeah, when assembled they are supposed to look like it but the piece are rough to say the least :blink and of course there are no hole or marks for easy installation :facepalm

Need to do some figuring . I figure the gear and the canopy to be the toughest two parts of this kit to get right . :fencing

Cheers, C. B)

As poor as those landing gear legs are you might almost hit the brass and solder and scratch some. They have no definition hardly at all so how can you tell what they are really supposed to look like. :bang head

As nice as the rest of the build is coming along I am sure you will come up with something classy. :good:

As poor as those landing gear legs are you might almost hit the brass and solder and scratch some. They have no definition hardly at all so how can you tell what they are really supposed to look like. :bang head

As nice as the rest of the build is coming along I am sure you will come up with something classy. :good:

Thanks Paul . I have actually thought of that but there are some detail to the plastic that would be difficult to replicate ( for me ) in brass. So, my brain is still recalculating. :rotf

h8371c1b.jpg

Looking at the knuckle part.

Cheers, C. B)

Just wanted a chance to show something before I have to be on the road for a bit . :soldier

The stuff came in for the props . Bear in mind I'm trying to figure this out :fencing

Also, the colored prop is still some steps away from being complete.

h7abace4.jpg

Glad I don't have plans to do a squadron of these :soldier but it's fun learning :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank Mike, Bob and Mr. Bob A bit adventurous since my fingers are too big for those small props.

Got a coat of flat on them though . Should be able to proceed tomorrow if I get some time.

h25a0ebb_2018-08-09.JPG

If not I'll pack my bag and go to maple country vile.

Cheers, Christian

Back