• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Going for an Airplane ride with von Richtohofen

h2aed930.JPG

hefe902f.JPG

Bundesmarine camo going on the Toon TF-140G. Painting revealed a glaring flaw in Her upper surface and a little bit of overly enthusiastic masking. Ever onward nevertheless!

h20961b2.JPG

I tried to think of a way to paint the C model overall silver without touching Her.
"Just relax. You may feel a little pressure..............."

h19878e3.JPG

Yippee! Silver F-104C "On A Steek!" The shading of the after fuselage vanished under my Floquil Old Silver.
It's the thought that counts, right?!
No the wings won't be painted white. It would be more authentic that way, but the single-seater follows the kit box art a little more closely that the two-seat version does this day.
Thanks for looking in!

Mi gusta El Queso! I learned a new Mexicanish word today! "PFFFGHT!!" :stinker
It's the same in English! Take THAT government! Where are you, when the need to our Nation is so dire, Alferd Packer?!

h5b41924.JPG

Patching the early Bundesmarine camo back in. Glad there isn't 21 possible choices for this. wuht, It's whatever colors I choose In Another World!
PFFFGHT! (there it is again!) Holly Sheyit! :facepalm

Chris,
I think you are a little off on the blue color.
Shouldn't be smaller spots, also?
Frank
:yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee
:choppa

Probably WAY OFF! Just you wait until the Red goes on next week! A blatant affront to all things camouflage-ish!
:yipee :rotf :yipee

h7603a59.JPG

My Jackie-poose doesn't "morning" very well.

h1e40c7a.JPG

Masked & sealed, the next color you smell will be Testors PLA Flat Red!

hcf272be.JPG

I wounded myself. Working enthusiastically as I usually do. I put the fabric sticks-to-cuts-underwater Band-aids on my thumb & first finger. The indestructible adhesive goo got in my Old Silver finish, soooooooooo............
That and I never should have taken my Alclad metallic lacquers out.
I'm near sure Tom & Chuck get endless mirth from my models from On High!
My hope is all y'all do too! :rotf :gogo
Thanks for looking in!

hf2dd7d9.JPG

First red coat for the 2-seater. I plan to let the old Testor's enamel cure for a nice long time, seal it and spray a second coat. Yes there is a catapult draw bar for the nose gear. It goes on after the painting is done.

hd1a9b0b.JPG

General Eddie's mount is looking trim & tidy. Gloss coat over the silver, mask the anti-glare panel, shoot the flat black, pick out the position lights and we're on to the colorful Kit (with a few IAW additions) decals!

Thanks for looking in!

Chris,
Cannot wait to see how the red turns out.
This is a fun (funny) thread to follow.
The red may have to dry for a month or two with all the humidity we have around here now.
Frank
(y) (y)

Back