• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Going for an Airplane ride with von Richtohofen

The kit decals are so colorfou and plentiful that the Toon F-104C wll be finished as a 479th Starfghter.
As I was motoring about for work, I had me an ideaer! Chuckling ensued!
See if you can guess who the other In Another World Toon Starfighter driver will be?! HA!! :rotf
(Hint! He's an American!) :eek:ldguy :salute

Had Der Baron actually survived WWI, This American Hero might have been one of His contemporaries.
He used to feed a bucket of shrimp to the seagulls near his Florida home.
Remember, it's In Another World!!

Had Der Baron actually survived WWI, This American Hero might have been one of His contemporaries.
He used to feed a bucket of shrimp to the seagulls near his Florida home.
Remember, it's In Another World!!

Oh Crap, I remember this story, he was ship wrecked and starving and an albatross flew within reach and he managed to snag it. That kept him alive as he was starving. Now he feeds the gulls as a way to say thanks.

But, I don't remember the name. :bang head

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a WINNER! Give that Man a Kewpie doll!
h0d49fda.JPG

General Eddie's helmet, made for the Eddie Rickenbacker decal sheets I womped up for an IAW USAAC project!
He gets a cigar to chomp on, while awaiting clearance for departure in formation with Manfred & I.

hf58ddda.JPG

The only parts that need filler are the intake to fuselage joint. One filled & sanded, they other awaits.

hcd3f22e.JPG

The Baron's eyes are hardly visible behind his oxygen mask & visor. General Eddie seems jovial enough, don't you think?

h426879f.JPG

I got Joe Lotz last night when I told him I was build a Marineflieger TF-104G that operated from an aircraft Carrier. He's from Germany and served in the Luftwaffe. "Germany never had an Aircraft Carrier!!" (he would know, Right?!) We almost had us a scrap, after I insisted that DKM Karl Donitz operated Starfighters. I know, because I flew with the Red Baron in one In 1966!!
Joe noticed the twinkle in my eye and realized He's been HAD! Again! :rotf :yipee :stinker
"Rhino to Starbase. Sighted serious German Modeler. Sank Same."

hdbbb832.JPG

Canopies dry-fitted. I wanted to make sure these huge Toon helmets fit inside the Toon 104's winders. General Eddie seems right at home in his C-model. Cap Holder-O-Matic is good for all kinds of modeling jobs!

Thanks for looking in!

Why would he keep up with the site when he has the facebook? :tomato

Nice work! :good:

OK to add to the Facebook bonfire.

I hate Facebook! It is a complete mess!
evil.gif

BUT

I am forced into using it a bit to find the off the wall stuff I want because there are too many morons out there that don't know any better.

3x_face_palm.jpg

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread...The pilots are great Chris! Looking forward to seeing the markings on the planes.

Just to be clear, I was being sarcastic. I would BURN my stash before using the facebook.

hb57ff41.JPG

Ok, I finally got to a bit of this Toon kit that is a pain in the Butt!
The cute lil', pudgy AIM-9M's are not hard to assemble, but gawd-awful to sand out the seams!
General Eddie's F-104C will carry all four, and the Baron's TF will carry 1 on each wing pylon.
My thought was, that if by some wild chance anyone else builds this really fun model, you should know if and where any model pitfalls may lie.

Thanks for looking in!

Back