• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Going for an Airplane ride with von Richtohofen

hd649d9c.JPG

Here's a "Pitfall" of my own making. The MFG-1 TF-104G will be operating from a Carrier. The Toon 104 tailhook looked to clunky and untailhook-like. (REALLY! YGBSM!) Since I know what a tailhook on a Navy aircraft looks like and I had some spare brass lying about, I modified the Kit Hook to look more accurate. :smack
Think about this just a bit! A Toon Starfighter. With a Pilot that would have been LONG gone by 1966, being instructed (?!) by a Back-seater who would NEVER have flown a USAF F-104 from Luke AFB, adorned in flying gear of a US Navy squadron that wouldn't be established until 1971, Operating from a German Aircraft Carrier that NEVER existed, in markings that are ABSOLUTE Bullschtein! See?! OUCH! :bang head
Poor Joachim! If his model brain thought about all these facts in the 30 seconds I unabashedly razzed him about it, no wonder his methodical, thorough German brain blew out!

For myself, I LOVE to make a Model, tell a story, (even if it is a complete fabrication) and make a Joke.
Bravo Iron Mike for "In Another World"!! This is a really fun build and modeling should be FUN!!

h2e8fd13.JPG

The TF-104G wanted less filler in the intake-to-fuselage joints. I cain't know why. Air crew figures are complete. 6 Pudgy Sidewinders are all cleaned up and stuck on toothpicks. I just didn't feel like painting the FLF's tonight.
More to come! Thanks for "Flying" with Us, at least one more time!
:rotf :yipee :drinks

It's really great to watch the progress and follow the story of someone who thoroughly enjoys building something. (y) :notworthy :mpup

:drinks

Now, for a catapult draw bar for the Nose gear. Hmm.................. :stinker :bang head
It's like wiping your backside on a Hoop. No end to it! :rotf
In for a Penny, In for a Pound. Thanks Brothers, for your encouraging comments!

Well, I finally got caught up with this and what a fantastic and humorous thread this has been! Way to go Rhino! These planes and their pilots rock! I'm also still laughing at how you got Joe!

h5bc7162.jpg

h5ba2a93.JPG

hf5a6d9b.JPG

I felt like painting things tonight. Linerie' hung inside with big Boomers outside. A flock of white Jet-like things got hosed with Floquil Reefer White. Not all are perfect. Still, Ever forward!!
Thanks for looking in!!

I bet this all makes perfect sense somewhere in Iowa :rotf :rotf :rotf

Looks like that tail hook was appropriated from an F-4 :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, in all truth, the side console decals for the Toon 104's are shameless copies from an F4-C.
None of this makes any sense ANYWHERE! George & I agree, we won't ever build any model kit that isn't FUN!
This Life ends for us all. Don't squander one second of it!

hb4b9a2e.JPG

While cheerfully smoking his slightly over scale cigar, General Eddie vanishes from view until painting is well underway. He didn't seem to mind in the least. I plan to undercoat the single-seater for contrast in the overall metal-ish finish.

hdc49a1b.JPG

Paint application began today, while my Sweetie slumbered sweetly. The Toon TF-104G will have LOTS of masking to produce my customary (?!?) Red Baron paint scheme. Then the ridiculous German Naval decals! MUHHU HAHA HA HA haha!
Thanks for looking in! :good:

Oh! Yes, this project IS Frank's responsibility! PFFGHTT! :stinker :bat :bang head :rotf

Early morning model fun! Leading edges (mostly) and intake shock cones in Testors PLA Silver. The bottle says I've been using it since 2007. Little PLA enamels have a nice, long shelf life! Modelmaster Schwarzgrun upper surfaces on the G-model.
When I mask & shoot the blue-ish contrasting camo color on the TF, the Horrible Heinkel will get some paint today too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GND10sWq0n0

Back