• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dora 1/35

Great work, love the brass work. Been thinking about doing the Bell 47 chopper but replacing the boom with brass. Think I see how to do it now. (y) :popcorn

thanks guys, its a lot of work making the brass handrails, this are everywhere in the model, but it makes a great difference.

Great work, love the brass work. Been thinking about doing the Bell 47 chopper but replacing the boom with brass. Think I see how to do it now. (y) :popcorn

Bob go for it, the brass is easy to solder and work with, and you will see the difference when finished (y)

WOW I finally had time to go all the way through this ... What can I say ...

h36707ee_2015-08-22.gif

Nice job ... :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Hello Abdin,

As always, stunning craftsmanship on display sir :good: :good: :good: when you are doing a project.

Look forward to more on this monster of a build.

Randy

Swordman, Sherman, Ron, Michael, Ed, Randy and Mark thank you guys, I have a new update almost ready
will try to post it tonight. :Hiay

Abdin

Hi Abdin,

I really appreciate this SBS. I have that kit as well. I bought it back when it was first released. I won't start it until my current project is complete, but I have been accumulating ideas for a diorama. I will be following closely your SBS as it progresses and taking notes!

A challenging project and I'm sure you will do a great job with it! I won't miss an update on this one!

BTW, Do you know the length of the model when finished?

Bob

Hi Abdin,

I really appreciate this SBS. I have that kit as well. I bought it back when it was first released. I won't start it until my current project is complete, but I have been accumulating ideas for a diorama. I will be following closely your SBS as it progresses and taking notes!

A challenging project and I'm sure you will do a great job with it! I won't miss an update on this one!

Bob

I do. It's a little over six feet in length when done. I know because one of my fellow IPMS club members built it and I saw it everywhere.

Hi Abdin,

Bob

I do. It's a little over six feet in length when done. I know because one of my fellow IPMS club members built it and I saw it everywhere.

:eek:hmy: :blink Wowzers!! :frantic

Hi Bob, sorry for the delay in answering your question, I wanted to give you the exact measurements of the beast. So I took out the base and measured it, also I assembled a couple of cars with the main body and measure it and here it is.

P1100498.JPG

The base not shown here measures 6’ 11.5 inches long by 11.5” inches wide on the bottom part
The main assembly without the barrel measures 56.5” inches from buffer to buffer, no barrel
So yes it is a big beast, but you are already used to big kits and settings so it will be no problem to you I assume. It is a great kit as it is lots of detail, I’m only adding and correcting some details to make even more impressive than it already is.

Last edited:
Back