• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dora 1/35

It will be nice to see one at least being built. While there have been a few photos of built ones on the web, it really doesn't give a real impression of the size. The photos you have posted with size comparison items really help give some idea. The box is huge! :woohoo:

I am sure there will be more parts and sub-assembly containers in your future. Can we call you the "Container King" yet?! :D

Will be watching! :popcorn

Thank you guys for the info on the different glue warnings, we most be carefull with the products we use, many of the modelers that have a dora
are overwelmed by the size and quantity of parts of the kit and have it just liying there. Its a nice kit, very detailed and very impressive when finished Have seen some improvements and corrections from some modelers on other forums and Im taking notes to do some to mine, plus my own mods from the reference book and photos from the internet. (y)

Thanks!

Abdin

Thank you guys for the info on the different glue warnings, we most be carefull with the products we use, many of the modelers that have a dora
are overwelmed by the size and quantity of parts of the kit and have it just liying there. Its a nice kit, very detailed and very impressive when finished Have seen some improvements and corrections from some modelers on other forums and Im taking notes to do some to mine, plus my own mods from the reference book and photos from the internet. (y)

Thanks!

Abdin

Just take your time, take it slow & easy & remember, check your references & test fit before gluing. Saves on unneeded headaches :good:

Abdin, si nadie recoge mi hijo para regresar a Nueva York, tal vez paso por Mayagüez en Septiembre…

Maybe I will get a chance to see this one in person?

Regards,

Hi Ed, Iwill do my best to avoid mistakes but will be full speed on the assambly or it will take forever to finish thiis proyect :woohoo:

Hi Saul, just let me know the exact date you are in the area so you can come to my home and finally meet in person :D

Hi Ed, Iwill do my best to avoid mistakes but will be full speed on the assambly or it will take forever to finish thiis proyect :woohoo:

Hi Saul, just let me know the exact date you are in the area so you can come to my home and finally meet in person :D

I hear ya. I got a long term project of my own going and it's at a snail's pace :blush: (1/96 Constitution)

I just found this Thread and Wow! What a monumental undertaking this will be. One member of my IPMS club built this same model a couple years back and it took him about a year and a half to complete it while working on it every day. His was a tremendous build but I never knew what was involved in it as I never saw any progress pics or anything. He did explain a lot, and every month he'd bring in his project to show progress; but seeing it in pics on a day-to-day build process really beings things into focus.

I myself built this same rail gun from Hobby Boss in 1/72 scale. It took me a year and a half worth of time as well. However, seeing all the mind-blowing amount of parts and details you have to do in this scale; I'm so glad I only build in 1/72!

I shall be following along with this build with intense interest. Model on man!

Ed I have that kit and have seen the work of other modelers superdetailing it and is a beauty once finished, good luck with that proyect

Raiderfan yes it will, just the size of the model makes it impressive already :woohoo:

Duke I hope it doesnt take too long, I wasted much time when working on the schnellboot as it was times when months passed without any work on it. Thats why Im trying to work every day on it even if it is only a couple of minutes, time will tell.

Abdin

Ed I have that kit and have seen the work of other modelers superdetailing it and is a beauty once finished, good luck with that proyect

Raiderfan yes it will, just the size of the model makes it impressive already :woohoo:

Duke I hope it doesnt take too long, I wasted much time when working on the schnellboot as it was times when months passed without any work on it. Thats why Im trying to work every day on it even if it is only a couple of minutes, time will tell.

Abdin

Thanks. I did the 1/96 Cutty Sark yrs ago took about 8 months without instructions. I worked from photos in books.
Working even at 15 minutes a day is good if you can do it. :drinks

Abdin

True, and to be fair, my friend Rich did no work for about three or four months on his due to waiting for a turned metal barrel for his. Turned out to be a waste of time as the barrel was far too heavy to sit properly. He would have had to glue it into place so he went back to the plastic barrel in the kit so he could transport this easier.

I also took about three months off on mine once. I found myself rushing it and for me rushing = major unrepairable catastrophe, so I put it away for a few months to bring myself back from the edge.

You got this. Working on it 15 minutes a day minimum will get you along quite quickly. Even when it feels like you haven't made any progress, you'll find how quickly things go since you took those minutes to do the preliminaries first.

Back