• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dora 1/35

The work continues on Dora, it’s time to do the main body halves. The first issue is an error on the instructions. It tells you to assemble parts L4 with L2 (and L3 with L1) but if you do so the assemblies holding the two halves together will be on the wrong position. Parts O12, O3 and O11 (assembly step # 18) goes on the front of the main body and L7 (assembly step #20) goes to the rear of the body. So to correct this problem all you have to do is invert parts L2 and L1 as this parts are symmetrical, so now you will glue L4 with L1 and L2 with L3 and the problem is solved.
Here are the main body parts
7kpUbyb.jpg

And the inner parts
NqABVTE.jpg

The inside of the body is very well reinforced to hold the weight of the gun Trunnions and main loading platform
lhoQWzR.jpg

Instructions
56s3P52.jpg

Front area has the four holes
q8yCDVf.jpg

Rear area has two rectangular openings
4EDql6S.jpg

This is how is done
aMo3R67.jpg

With all in the right position it looks like this
dWMRoJY.jpg

The parts that hold the two halves together are assembled and rectangular pieces of styrene 3mm x 6mm are glued to act as the bases for the lifting cable
Eyelets, this are made using soldering wire
31XViFw.jpg

7L4Vk7o.jpg

H0lcWo6.jpg

Then small pieces of styrene rod are used to make the bolts for the plates
PxBlL8Y.jpg

lT7w8jW.jpg

drLbc0V.jpg

Finally using 3 strands of gauge 34 brass wire twisted together I made the lifting cable for
the front and rear parts
0H1T622.jpg

f2tsobJ.jpg

sx6aCbh.jpg

l0XkcL3.jpg

Now the real work started, what are supposed to be the hydraulic bottles are
Terrible, so new ones are constructed using styrene tube
rGLaxdb.jpg

t4KQWhw.jpg

So to rectify it you need to remove all the original bottles on the outside and inside of the main bodies
7iI3V7N.jpg

This are the new bottles parts
Upn1Fz5.jpg

Here the replacements are glued in place
eTNtkdU.jpg

For the top of the bottles I made a master using the same styrene tube and with a rounded top using green putty finished with a smaller tube on top as the connection for the hydraulic pipe
VjdoL6F.jpg

Using card board I made the box for the rtv rubber
pnJvpWB.jpg

6YGLzQU.jpg

All the needed tops are made with one to one resin
NjbyLoK.jpg

It now looks like this
KFjWKHc.jpg

Next all the vertical steel ribs received a strip of 4mm wide styrene to make the flange as seen in the photos of Dora
Zgovh0L.jpg

the pipes for the hydraulic bottles are made with tube from the original handrails
And installed
uG9U3Tk.jpg

Now the stabilizer platform must be divided in 3 separate parts, a 3mm wide channel is cut in these areas in the photo
TuhePJx.jpg

Inside view
SQFz4wQ.jpg

This areas are open on the original vehicle, so after making several holes the
Plastic was cut and sanded to shape
IERcqf0.jpg

VC1Dkfn.jpg

wdxIbGa.jpg

rlBewUC.jpg

This is how it looks now, all this changes are to be done to both side inside and outside
GyNx36q.jpg

I’m working on the catwalks, handrails and ladders for the main bodies so the work continues.

Thanks for watching

Abdin

WOW nice update Abdin, this is a very good reconstruction to the original gun. Maybe you should go to work for them so they can get it right next time. I have watched this for a while and your work is superior ... Carry on :soldier your doing a bang up job ... (y)

Fantastic work and the upgrades are very very well done. Thoroughly enjoying this build.
James

Wowzers!! :drool :drool Very nice update!! Good catch on the instructions as well!! (y) (y) Truly am enjoying watching this progress. YOur upgrades & attention to detail is Outstanding!! :drinks

More spectacular work! I am overwhelmed at all the extra work you're adding to this. This model will really pop when it is done! I'm still watching closely.

:woohoo: So much work going into this build to make it look right (y)

I think it makes the words simplified meaningless . Perhaps you should go to work for one of these ( would be ) manufactures .

Keep up the good work :good: . Cheers, Christian B)

Swordsman, Chukw, James, Bob, Ed, Duke, Gator, Mr T, Luiz, Heavens Eagle and Christian thanks a lot, I want to do this kit justice, is a great
Kit, it only needs some extra detailing (it is already very well detailed) it builds as a stunning kit from the box, but I always like to go complicating things and super detailing or correcting details on all my kits so its in my nature I think.... :D

Bod it is a great tool, I will post some pictures of it tomorrow so you can see it in detail

Bob here it is, very nice tool to have I recommend it 100%
it comes with two different size blades, 10 files in different shapes
and a flat adapter with 20 of two different grids sand paper strips

Back