• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DAK with the Doc

Hey John...

With AMPS Nationals coming up and thus access to vendors with paint that I don't normally have here in the Saratoga area, can you give us a heads up on what sorts of colors we should have access to so we can follow your methods?

I am going to be using mainly Tamiya paints for this project. I will prime with MIG Ammo Grey Primer.

Then I will base coat with XF-63, then post shading with XF-54, then XF-54 mixed with XF-55.

Then an application of hairspray (Tresemme) then a custom mix to get RAL 8020 (Desert Brown) XF-15:5 and XF-64:2 then post shading by adding XF-2.

I hope this helps.

It does...thanks!

Question on the scope of this, are we going to go into the weathering as well (dust and dirt/grime and mud) or just stopping at paint?

Question on the scope of this, are we going to go into the weathering as well (dust and dirt/grime and mud) or just stopping at paint?

This is an excellent question. Here is what I planned. You can use any model you want as a base as long as you understand it may not be accurate for your vehicle. This will be how to paint worn desert brown over dark grey using the hairspray technique, from start to finish, including weathering and prepping a small scenic base.

I will be using a DML Pz I Ausf B.

Acceptable vehicles (as in accurate) are certain variants of Pz I, Pz II, Pz III, Pz IV short barrels, soft skins, Sdkfz 8, 250, 251, Marder III 139, demag 1/2 tracks, all 4 and 8 wheel armored cars not based on the puma, and others may be accurate. Tigers and StuG D and F are okay, as long as you understand they were painted in different schemes and will not be accurate.

As there seems to be interest in Akfria Tigers I am willing to do another masterclass in painting them using the black and white technique if there is interest.

I don't want create any wrinkles in the class so I will pull the tiger and look for something else to use.

:)

As there seems to be interest in Akfria Tigers I am willing to do another masterclass in painting them using the black and white technique if there is interest.

If you do go this route, I may look at picking up a half-track for the conventional school and save the Bergepanzer for that.

*I may have already been on the fence already.....

I have the perfect Tiger and it will be yours along with the TMD goodies! :D

RM5001TigerIbox.JPG

Regards,

To help out with what the DAK had:

Tanks:
Pz.Kpfw. I
Pz.Kpfw. II
Pz.Kpfw. III (L/42)
Pz.Kpfw. III (L/60)
Pz.Kpfw. III (7,5cm)
Pz.Kpfw. IV (L/24)
Pz.Kpfw. IV (L/48)
Pz.Bef.Wg. III
kl.Pz.Bef.Wg.

SPG:
Pz.Jg. I
Marder II (Sd.Kfz.131)
Marder III (7.5cm)
Marder III (7.62cm) PanzerJager 38(t) 7.62cm Pak36r (Sd kfz 139)
15cm sFH 13/1 auf LS(f)
15cm sIG 33 B (Sfl)
Sd.Kfz. 6/3
Sd.Kfz. 7/1
Sd.Kfz. 10/4
Pz.Sfl. II (7.5cm K 41 auf le.Zgkw. 5t)
Stu.Gesch. III (L/24)

Halftracks:
leSPW 250/1
leSPW 250/3
leSPW 250/5
leSPW 250/7
leSPW 250/10
leSPW 250/12
mSPW 251/1
mSPW 251/3
mSPW 251/6
mSPW 251/7
mSPW 251/8
Sd.Kfz. 253

Artillery:
7.62cm F.K.296(r)
7.5cm Geb.G.36
10.5cm le.F.H.16
10.5cm le.F.H.18
10.5cm s.K.18
15cm s.F.H.18
15.5cm K.418(f)
15cm NbW 40
17cm K.18 in Mrs.Lf.
21cm Mrs.18

Pak:
3.7cm Pa.K.
5cm Pa.K.38
7.5cm Pa.K.40

Armored cars:
Sd.Kfz. 221
Sd.Kfz. 222
Sd.Kfz. 223
Sd.Kfz. 231 (8x)
Sd.Kfz. 232 (8x)
Sd.Kfz. 233
Sd.Kfz. 254
Sd.Kfz. 261
Sd.Kfz. 263

Just as long as you understand the Tiger you have is a one of a kind and served in Italy...

Yup. Perfectly fine with that. It’s going to ultimately end up in the “In Another World” display anyways.

I wonder if MoonPuppy will allow a build on In Another World and the painting to be done here? Banner time times 2?

Regards,

Historically we have not allowed one build in two campaign but, since Dr John is more about a "Masterclass" of old, I think it will be ok if all others are ok with this.

Just as long as you understand the Tiger you have is a one of a kind and served in Italy...

Yup. Perfectly fine with that. It’s going to ultimately end up in the “In Another World” display anyways.

I wonder if MoonPuppy will allow a build on In Another World and the painting to be done here? Banner time times 2?

Regards,

While it’s being included, it’s not the focal point. There is much more slated for it.

It’ll likely be a moot point anyways as I probably won’t finish anyhow. :pinch:

Back