• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DAK with the Doc

My friend Rick Lawler said something a while ago that I think is germane to this project, he said that modeling is not a linear process, there is a start and a finish, but there is no cookbook to follow. There is lots of going back and forth and redoing earlier steps over again later in the process. So while I will present my journey, it is my journey! Your journey while it may be similar may be different because we may have achieved different results from the same technique. So what happens next on each build may be different! So while building and getting some base painting done can be more structured, the weathering process will not be so!

I understand this may be a disappointment to some, but I will guide you the best I can, from the photos you supply. Better photos will get better advice, that is just the way it is, sorry.

What's to apologize for? :idonno

Just apologizing in advance if participants are expecting a cookbook system to get predictable, reliable, results from my weathering style.

I'm certainly not. For me it's about learning new techniques and new subject matter. Perhaps some of the techniques I can adapt to my aircraft builds...or perhaps not. It's all about learning/experimenting for me. :drinks

Now if I can just get some time to get back to the bench... I think things will settle down a little bit after this coming weekend.

What's to apologize for? :idonno

Just apologizing in advance if participants are expecting a cookbook system to get predictable, reliable, results from my weathering style.

I'm certainly not. For me it's about learning new techniques and new subject matter. Perhaps some of the techniques I can adapt to my aircraft builds...or perhaps not. It's all about learning/experimenting for me. :drinks

Now if I can just get some time to get back to the bench... I think things will settle down a little bit after this coming weekend.

Just a disclaimer.. like this coffee is hot!

Nearly done with mine, but I'm on overload at school this year which has seriously cut down on modeling time...once my two AMPS reviews are done, I just need to redo the PE screens on my 222 and then add it to the base...

Hasn't been a lot of model action in the garage lately. Too many other things. The MAN is there today putting in new breaker box and AC! :popcorn

Back