• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DAK with the Doc

Tossing out an idea

Picked up some stuff this weekend so I can participate either way we go...

h00e70cc.jpg

h58282d0.jpg

:popcorn
:drinks
:ro:

I built that IVE when it first came out - If I remember it was a way over-engineered, but the end result was fab.

I suspected that to be true, so while I got a bunch of aftermarket for the T-34 I decided the Panzer will be basically OOTB

Tossing out an idea

:skipper DAK is in the lead.:skipper

If it sounds good to everyone I think we can give it till Wednesday night 4/17/19 11:59pm EDST. Then I will close the poll and we shall have a subject!

Tossing out an idea

Anyone else interested? :coolio

The clock is running out on your chance to vote on the subject matter!

Tossing out an idea

I think the Russian Sherman I have would be OD

Anyway I have wanted to do a KV-1 or 2 does anyone have a kit they would recommend?

Older Trumpeter KV kits are cheap, close to very accurate out of the box, and easy builds.

Regards,

Tossing out an idea

A full kit isn't necessary I hope! I may want to paint the turret on the Serb clown to get rid of the rust in my lack of techniques.

Regards,

Tossing out an idea

My prefereence was stated for for Russian Green, but I will jump in no matter what chosen, as I need to sharpen my weathering skills. I am sure I have armor intended in a solid color I can use, or one of several I would like to buy.

Tossing out an idea

My prefereence was stated for for Russian Green, but I will jump in no matter what chosen, as I need to sharpen my weathering skills. I am sure I have armor intended in a solid color I can use, or one of several I would like to buy.

Kewl :yipee

Tossing out an idea

Just grabbed up the Tamiya Sd.Kfz 222 on a Squadron sale...ought to be just the thing...

Tossing out an idea

So we're going DAK! I was getting my russkie accent down...:soldier

I'll get a forum created soon, might as well see the builds going up. :dude

Tossing out an idea

So for in the unlikely event I can find the time to prep a kit, what stage would it need to be built to? I'm assuming accessories/small weapons (that are not tank color) would be left off. But what about tracks? I'm assuming they'd be assembled, but left off until the hull is painted.

Sorry for the newb questions. I've never done an armor kit before so I'm not really familiar w/ what might be some of the standard assembly/paint procedures and would hate to back myself into a corner before the real sessions begin.

I've got a Bergepanzer Tiger 1 I could use. I don't know whether or not they were actually used in Africa, but it's WW2 German...good enough for me.

:blink

Back