• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Questions and comments

I think i said it somewhere, but i do it here to, I'M IN! and if chuck take the dare and build a tank i will build a flying thingy.
Been fortunate not to have it strike in the close family but friends of mine have been touched by this dreadful dissease, so i will do what i can and join the fight!
//Mats

Cool! Everyone getting out of their norm. Mats you'd do well with a nice ME109 with the full mottle camo scheme...:pilot

I'm stepping back in time. Will do a 1/48 a/c. Havent done one of those in 7 or 8 years. Way to go Mats, Chuck, and Paddy building outside the zone (y) (y) (y)
James

I have 3 of these things with wings... one ju88 1/32, one fiesler storch 1/35 and one saab in 1/72 not sure wich one i do yet (if chuck builds a panzer!)
//Mats

I am reporting in. at least one,hopefully three by the time the campaigh ends. Any type of model goes?

Very glad to have you! You can build whatever model kit you want to. A shark mouth would just fine.

Terry B)

I have a question and it applies to "level of effort" for lack of a better term. What I mean is, I understand that its a 6 dollar donation and we can build as many as we like and the amount of completed builds will determine a person's entries into the drawing.

My concern, and forgive me if it has already been addressed, is that people may just grab whatever craptacular kits from the bottom of the stash, slap them together, slop some paint on, and call it a build. What I mean is, if I had a butt-load of say, old 1/72 kits from the 70's that I knew I would never build (I don't), I could just crank out a bunch over a week or so and *BAMMO*! I have a whole bunch of extra chances at the drawing.

I realize that there won't be any judging on who is the "best of the best" but, will Basic Modeling Skills be looked at? Will the folks in charge deny obvious efforts by people to dump a bunch of junk that would never be built anyway as a chance at those sweet, sweet prizes? I'm in either way.

Maybe I'm being too cynical and feel free to tell me to shut up and relax. It was just something that popped into my head a few hours ago. Sorry if I sound like a conspiracy theory nut-job.

It is $6 per entry. That is one build. The focus of this campaign is to raise money to fight cancer, it's not about the prizes. We'll be watching the entries, believe me.

Thanks, Mike. As I stated before, my mother is a cancer survivor. I have no problem with 6 bucks per entry. I guess I read MP's post wrong. I thought it was 6 dollars and all the kits you can build. Either way, I'm all up in this.

Great question Jeff, part of the rules is the entry has to be a complete build, we'll definitely "define" the term "Complete Build".

Thanks, guys. I was very hesitant to post what I did. Its all crystal clear now. Now you guys get to deal with Jeff's car builds. (I'm still working on my first ever)

Very eager to join in on this one!!! What a fantastic use of the hobby!! :notworthy

Is there a place to donate yet or is that still in the works?

MP a PM will be coming your way soon about my method of payment (paypal)

I am donating $20 to this cause, I intend to build a fairly simple kit to be sure it gets finished, If I win a prize - all good - if I don't - all good - I am not worried about the prizes either-way.

My main aim is to support this very good and very needed cause.

Lost both my parents to this.

MP a PM will be coming your way soon about my method of payment (paypal)

I am donating $20 to this cause, I intend to build a fairly simple kit to be sure it gets finished, If I win a prize - all good - if I don't - all good - I am not worried about the prizes either-way.

My main aim is to support this very good and very needed cause.

Lost both my parents to this.

That's the Spirit Phil, Keep it simple and git'er done. Donation portal coming up soon. :coolio

Okay, a couple of stupid questions from a 15-watt modeler:

a) How long does this go on?

b) When is the start date?

Maybe it's been mentioned already but I haven't seen any of that info posted on the main rules page for this build. I want to know because I would like to join this one. Lost one grandparent from this disease and most recently a very good friend. I also have two other good friends who are right now fighting this disease.

Back