• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMPS International Convention 2011

Well if th naughty Corner was banned ... :huh: What corner am I sitting in .... Why is My back all wet .... All this White tile looks like th .. Wait a minute ... I gotta stop sniffing TenaX ... I just sat in th Urinal ! :woohoo:

THE Show is at The Fredericksburg Hospitality House. Route 3 & Plank Road.

ERIK

We have already checked out some of the hotels in the area, but until I am 100% sure, i will wait on reserving a room. If the wife backs out then I will talk Ken into going with me. I'll pay for his room if he drives :woohoo: that a deal or what. I hate driving at night, and I can't sit to long without moving, the back thing.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

I can make a 10 hour drive on my own, no big deal. I might be able to trim it down some time. [/quote]

Are you running a load of shine?

FYI -

This year's speakers are:

1. Ed Gilbert: "A Century of Marine Armor" Sat I
2. Taesung Harmms: "Scuplting Figures" Sat G
3. Tom Jentz: "Latest WW2 German Armor Research" Sat L
4. Mig Jimenez: "Painting and Weathering Techniques" Fri F and Sat K
5. Rick Lawler/John Steinman:"Snow and Mud Weathering Effects" Fri C
6. Jim Mesko: "Photoview of Pacific War Armor" E
7. Ken Schlotfeldt "Choosing, Using, Maintaining & Troubleshooting your Airbrush equipment" Fri A
8. Cookie Sewell: "The T-72 Tank - History and Modeling" Sat J
9. Neil Stokes: "Modeling the ISU series" Fri B
10. Dave Vickers: "Sherman Tanks at Tarawa" Fri D
11. Steve Zaloga: "Advanced Modeling Techniques" Sat H

Seminars will be held Friday and Saturday. The letter following the day denotes the designated time slot for that day and details can be found at the AMPS site.

I can't find the times on the website, only these letter references. Anyone know what time these things actually are? I"m driving up on Friday and would like to time it where I can get there to see John and Rick doing their thing.

MOONIE,

Sorry Holmzz. They are not th quickest over there. I don't know either what th times are, or when They will start.It would be nice though, If you note on th post to go to th site, that th person in charge of that was on th ball.

I'm sure it will be posted soon. I also heard that Taesung Harmms(Alpine Miniatures), during His seminar , Is requesting that attendees of that seminar bring a figure that They are working on, as He will give hands on Tips !!

I believe Friday will be a Full load ! There are a lot of Seminar's that I wanna see on Friday ! Rick& John's being one.

MOONIE, don't quote me on this ,but I believe that th seminars May start at Noon on Friday. each seminar being 45 minutes, unless noted. So seminars could run from 11:00am - 5pm. ?? Again don't quote me, but If I was a betting man ! I would shoot to get there about 10am MOONIE ..... just to be safe ! Look at it this way .... at least there won't be any traffic on th road that late at night ! :D

ERIK

According to Mappoint I'm looking at a 485 mile drive, 500 miles. Use to drive that running service calls in a single day so it not an issue. Leaving at 0500 hours and doing interstate speeds I can be there about noon. I know these map programs are conservative with their times but I seriously doubt I'd be there at 1000hrs. I'll be doing good to leave at 0500.

10 Am for the Rick and John show??? Hope someone records it... :mpup

Checked out some hotels in the area and the missus has settle on one ( indoor pool, spa and gym ) 5 miles down the road. We should arrive Thursday evening, and departure is Sunday morning. Our first vacation alone in nearly ten years. Now I have to figure out what to do with the two dogs...and cat...and bird...oh and my son :hmmm

Rick looking forward to meeting you in person, I'll be the one wearing the "scratchmod' t-shirt :laugh: .

See you all at the bar.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

Um, someone made me an offer that I am seriously considering now. I normally do NOT go to shows. Yet, I may be between gigs and need the lift to my spirits (but not to weigh down my credit cards so I better stay out of the vendor room if I go!).

I need to discuss with the family and will know the Godfather about my response to his generous offer.

Regards,

SHARK,

I'll be looking for ya ! The Vendor Room will actually be in the Same Ball Room as the Models .... So SHARK, the temptation will be Great !

Here is the Release of the Seminar List with Times !!!

Below is a tentative schedule:

Friday April 8th

A) 12:30PM to 1:50PM Ken Schlotfeldt: "Choosing, Using, Maintaining & Troubleshooting your Airbrush equipment"

B) 2PM to 2:50PM Neil Stokes: "Modeling the ISU series"

C) 3PM to 3:50PM Rick Lawler/John Steinman:"Snow and Mud Weathering Effects"

D) 4PM to 4:50PM Dave Vickers: "Sherman Tanks at Tarawa"

E) 5PM to 5:50PM Jim Mesko: "Photoview of Pacific War Armor"

F) 6PM to 7PM Mig Jimenez: "Painting and Weathering Techniques"

Saturday April 9th

G) 9AM to 10:20AM Taesung Harmms: "Sculpting and Converting Figures"

H) 10:30AM to 11:20AM Steve Zaloga: "Advanced Modeling Techniques"

I) 11:30AM to 12:20PM Ed Gilbert: "A Century of Marine Armor"

J) 12:30PM to 1:20PM Cookie Sewell: "The T-72 Tank - History and Modeling"

K) 1:30PM to 2:20PM Mig Jimenez: "Painting and Weathering Techniques"

L) 2:30PM to 3:45PM Tom Jentz: "Latest WW2 German Armor Research"

Nice to have the times for the seminars..thanks for posting them. Hoping to make it to a few of them...Rick's and John's of course, and then hopefully catch one of Mig's as well.

Saul hope to see you there dude. Erik I'll bring some scissors for that hair thing :D :woohoo: See you there bro.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

Back