• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMPS International Convention 2011

I just got My room at th Hospitality House. If you mention that you are there for the AMPS show you get your Double room for $79 instead of $99 !!! I just got 2 nights. Thursday & Friday. I just live up th road a bit - Richmond V.A. So, it's close. I'll prolly be up there all Week .... Crashin' with some friends ! :D

I'll see ya there !

ERIK

hmm...going to have to do something. My Crew has bailed on me, understandably, can't fault them at all. Wife still gives me the deer in the headlight look when I talk about it. Right now I'm telling her I may not go but I think I'm going to take the guilt tack on her and get her to go with. "Honey, remember when I went to that wedding for those people I had no idea who they were?"

MOONIE,

She'll have a Blast there !! Old Towne Fredericksburg !!

http://www.oldtownfredericksburg.com/

There will also be some other Styrene Widows there too. They could Pal around ! (y) :idonno

ERIK

hmm...going to have to do something. My Crew has bailed on me, understandably, can't fault them at all. Wife still gives me the deer in the headlight look when I talk about it. Right now I'm telling her I may not go but I think I'm going to take the guilt tack on her and get her to go with. "Honey, remember when I went to that wedding for those people I had no idea who they were?"

That`s the way to go Puppy Dawg,... emotional blackmail :evil: (y)

That`s the way to go Puppy Dawg,... emotional blackmail :evil: (y)

or you put it simple and effective and say "important team meeting to discuss important matters! cannot miss!"

LAURA,

C'mon ... hop a Plane come hang out. I'll roll th Red Carpet out for ya' ! Now, that would be cool to catch up & hang out at th Show !! (y) (y)

ERIK

Well it looks like my chances of going to the show has risen to a 95% probable. Will be going with the wife since it has been years since we last went anywhere...and besides the 7th is her birthday.
Still will need to reserve the hotel room somewhere.:woohoo:

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

ROB,

Great News ! It will be cool to meet up . Your Wife's Birthday is th 7th(There are plenty of Swanky restaurants to go to). Mine is on th 8th !! I'll be th big 40 !! There is a Pub in th Hotel, We should try to team up for a Twin Birthday Bash !! ?

ROB - TRY th Host Hotel - If you tell 'em that you are there for th AMPS show th Rooms are $79 as a posed to $99.

http://www.fredericksburghospitalityhouse.com/

There are also other Hotels really close to th Venue @ good prices.

Also ... Rob I'm not sure if you plan on entering any Models but IF you do & wanna skip th Lines at th Show you can Pre-Register at AMPs

http://www.amps-armor.org/ampssite/default.aspx

th registration tab is on th left side.

ERIK

C'mon ... hop a Plane come hang out. I'll roll th Red Carpet out for ya' ! Now, that would be cool to catch up & hang out at th Show !!

please allow me to summarize your suggestion erik:

you want me to spend a fortune on a ticket, leave my mother who can barely walk and my puppy who suffered two major injuries last year behind, spend several hours in a flight over the pond, make new "friends" with the customs and immigration officers, check in to a hotel only to be thrown out the very same evening because of some chaps partying a "bit" too much?

i don't think so that i will do that! ;)

LAURA,

Sorry to hear about your mother ! But other than that ..... :blush: :blink Yeah ... :D You wouldn't get thrown out ... Th 1st night ! :D ..... Oh Laura ! It's not customs you'll have to worry about .... It's th Body Cavity search given by TSA once you tell then you have a Tank in your Luggage ! :D ... Just kiddin' ! Naw ... really I was just kiddin' ..... O.K. ... If any one needs Me I'll be in th Naughty Corner ... or If LAURA gets her way I'll be in TSA's Office !

So, does that mean you'll think about it ? :huh:

ERIK

LAURA,

If any one needs Me I'll be in th Naughty Corner ...

ERIK

I searched over the site and I think that was deleted along with some other stuff. The Naughty Corner has been banned. :D

Well Cindy is all onboard, with me going. There really is no way for her to go with the responsibilities she has. I can make a 10 hour drive on my own, no big deal. I might be able to trim it down some time. We'll see what I can stir up with reservations.

Back