• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMPS International Convention 2011

Whew,

Well .. AMPS is in th Books. I can say that I had a Blast & was Exhausted, not as exhausted as JOHN - Shoo, that drive back to VT, I'm glad you made it safely !!! It was great to finally put some names with faces. As ya'll know I ran into CHAD, SAUL,MIKE, JOHN, RICK, & JOE. I'll first start off by saying that I have no pix. :woohoo: My camera was feeling moody & didn't want to focus . :angry: Some of th images are a little less blurry, but I wouldn't wanna get any one Sea-sick lookin' at them. :D

The Seminars were Fantastic ! RICK & JOHN's was very enlightening. JOHN thanx for the Sample of the Snow FX. It really looks like th real deal !!Both of MIG's seminars were outstanding, I actually had a chance to talk one on one with him for quite a while. It also sounds like He made himself available to a lot of People, as well as IAN & the whole Show crew from AK Interactive, You Guys :ro: !! Saturday night I ran into Taesung Harrms outside of the Pub. He joined Me at th bar for a few Jim Beams. A few more of My chapter buds joined up & all of Us talked Guitars & WWII into th Wee wee hours. I think We actually shut th Pub down ! Only to rise th Next morning early to make it to Taesung's seminar @ 9am :sick: on Figure Conversion & Sculpting. He even Gave Me th Figure that he worked on in th seminar :ro: . ( I think it's th equivilent to getting handed a Guitar Pick from Keith Richards (y) ). Honestly I felt Great & had nothing resembling a Hangover. Taesung is such a really Cool Guy. Him & MIG both are Very Humble. Oh !! IAN & MIG were also @ th Bar Saturday night & We hoisted some drinks with them as well. SAUL, JOHN- CHEERS Brothers !! (y) It was an M.A.'s Party !

As you could see from Saul's pix We really couldn't get an altogether Modeler's Alliance Group Shot. It would've been Cool, but atleast We grabbed a few Guys !! Saul - Great Pic of MIG & RICK !! I love that t-shirt that RICK has on. I actually ran into SAUL & JOHN alot during th Week-end. Thanx for letting Me hang with you Guys. Great Storys !! Sorry :eek:hmy: I can't repeat any here ! :D

The Vendors ... What can I say ! It was like a 1000 points of light :gogo . I really had to step back & figure out what I wanted to get. Fortunately for Verlinden, I spent th Lions share with them !! Come to think of it ... this is th 1st. time in 3 years that I've gone to shows & didn't get a Kit ! There were some sales to be had if you looked for them. Again, I didn't really need any kits. I just honed in on th Kits I have in th Stash & looked for stuff to improve them & what normally most online stores are out of stock on. All of th Vendors I talked to - CRM Hobbies, Verlinden (Aaron & Joe), MIG Productions USA( Rick & John), AK Interactive, PanzerWrecks, & Archer were all Super Cool. I did stop to talk to Old Friends - Gene Bagnoli , I love that Man, I don't care what Morrosco says ! Jose with Tiger Dio, ModelMakerZ - Chris Brian. All of you Guys ! Great to see ya again !!

Congrats to JOHN & CHAD for getting some AMPS Bling ! Great Stuff Guys !

WoW, Just like Christmas , it came & went too fast ! A whirling Durbish ! Guys, it was great hangin' out . I feel like I've made some New , lasting Friendships & reconnected on some older ones !! Isn't that th way a great model show aughta' be !!

O.K. for those that have stayed awake. Thanx for tuning in. Sorry if I blabbed your ear off :D :D

:mpup - Thanx for th Birthday wishes. Friday was a Day that will go down as one of/ if not THE Best Birthday I've ever had. I met Everyone from SMA that Day, MIG & Taesung & IAN. Shared drinks with all of you guys. I consider ALL of you My Brothers !! :ro: ( That also goes for every one here that couldn't go & Girls)

O.K. for real .. I'm out !!

ERIK

Well it honestly sounds like you all had a brilliant time there !

Plus to get the figure from the Alpine Master, Erik,.... Im well jealous, we need a picture of that figure

Seeing as AMPS next year is in Auburn Indiana maybe fat boy andy will make an appearance there,..you never know :)

ANDY,

I will most defenetly throw up a picture of that Figure. He sculpted one Arm. But Made it looks so effortless & Pow! It looks just like all his other stuff. Here's another hint - HIs Words - He doesnt measure any thing. It's all by Eye. Meaning, He doesnt observe th How many Head rule from th Waist to th Head stuff !!Or how far to space th Eyes on a head ! :ro: I asked him about that after th seminar while We indulged in a smoke & I just mentioned, I guess you've been doing it for so long that He has th Proportions worked out by Eye. Awesome Stuff & a very cool time spent with a True Master !

Yes, Next Year in Auburn, :hmmm Perhaps if th Gods are Smiling on Me I could Make it. :idonno We'll just have to see if it's in th cards.

ERIK

Man I really missed a great show. Been talking to people who attended and they all had a blast. I was looking forward to meeting you guys, especially Rick, John and Mig. Guess I'll have to just keep building and wait for the next chance to get to another big show like this one.

Cheers
Rob

Hi all, I'm home back on the West Coast.

I can only ditto what everyone has already expressed - it was wonderful week.

----------

oh...Rob just posted while I was typing ..........

Hey Rob, it was a real bummer when I heard you weren't going to make it. I did see your model - marvelous stuff - you are a Master.

-----------

Rick

Hiya Rick. Yeah sorry I didn't make it after all. Too many home improvement projects planned so that is where we decided to stick the money saved from not going to the show. I hope we do eventually get a chance to meet, will be great.
Glad to hear you checked out my model and like it. Thanks for the compliment, means a great deal coming from you.
Cheer
Rob

O.K. ,

One more note & We can put this to rest .... I attended Taesung Harrms seminar on Figure Conversion & Sculpting. While we finished up I was talking to Taesung & He offered Me th Figure that He was converting. It was a Trumpeter figure. He added th Boots, Head & sculpted the left arm , also adding an Alpine hand . I was actually awestruck when He offered Me th Figure. I hold Taesung up there as one of the Greats ! As a person he his one of the Most down to earth, & Humble guys you'll ever meet. A great conversationalist. For Me, it was like being handed a Guitar pick by Keith Richards or Ace Frehley ( My 2 biggest influences for Playing Guitar)

As per earlier conversation with Andy ... Here's th Figure. He uses Apoxie Sculpt & normally dies it black, this time no dye so it's a little tough to see th details. Suggestions for gettin a better picture gladly accepted.

DSC07956.JPG

DSC07955.JPG

I'm not sure what to do with this figure. Do I try to finish it ? Or do I put it in the case on th top shelf with all of th other collectables & Memorabilia ? The Hall of Fame if you will ..... ??

ERIK

If it were me...I'd apply what I picked up from him and finish it. Build a dio around him. or at least a build.

Don't ask me how, but I forgot to post these... apologies to all.

AMPS2011_083.JPG

Jeeves, my butler! :D

Here are John Steinman's work:
AMPS2011_063.JPG

AMPS2011_065.JPG

Above and below are the masterfully tamed MiniArt Su-76M
AMPS2011_064.JPG

AMPS2011_076.JPG

This is the Tiger Model Designs T-6 Sherman at Aberdeen

AMPS2011_075.JPG

Above and below is his Bronco Sd.Kfz.221 with Panzerbusche gun
AMPS2011_073.JPG

AMPS2011_074.JPG

Above and below is his Minerva Rwandan Technical
AMPS2011_072.JPG

AMPS2011_067.JPG

Above and below are John Charvat's T-55 Kabul with Celtic Werks T-55 engine compartment
AMPS2011_066.JPG

AMPS2011_062.JPG

Above and below is Rob Scratchmod Ferreira's T-69II with Celtic Werks T-55 engine compartment
AMPS2011_061.JPG

Regards,

If it were me...I'd apply what I picked up from him and finish it. Build a dio around him. or at least a build.

Yeah part of Me wants to finish it & part of Me wants to put it up on th Top Shelf. To have such a Work from such a Young Artist in this form .... May become rare. & While I'd never [art with it. I still would like to keep it like it is ... to some day say - " ha, you young whipper-snappers. I remember when & look what I have from th Master Taesung Harrms !!

Oh th Quandary !!

:mpup Thanx for th Kind words about th Interview ! It was a Blast to talk to MIG. He's soooo Frackin' Cool to talk to. Really down to earth & Humble !!

SHARK, Thanx for those pix ! Again it was Great hangin' out with Mike, John & Yourself !!

JOHN> Very Cool Su 76? Is it ? Sorry, I'm horrible at Identifying Soviet Armor ! It looks Great !!

As far as Taesungs figure goes I would not touch it, personally,..... it would take pride of place in my display cabinet knowing it was a one of a kind

Back