• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

88mm PAK 43 (FROM GREAT 88)

Just a tiny little update;

Managed to pre-shade the PAK 43 with Tamiya XF-10 Flat Brown.

PAKJE_2.jpg

PAKJE_1.jpg

Up next will be a dark yellow color.[thinking about mixing desert yellow with dark yellow to give it more or less the shade of the Wiltz gun in Luxemburg]

Greetings,Ron.

Got some airbrushing done,mixture of Tamiya Dark Yellow and Desert Yellow first and the same mixture with some white added over the first layer.
Lost some of the pre-shade effect,but not thinking of doing it again.
Indoors the color of the gun seems too tan looking for my liking,but outdoors it may look ok.{was thinking of a yellow enamel filter}
This may not my cleanest build...duh...but it will have to do as it is.
Going for the 'ambush mode',some of you might know what this is...and some will NOT like it. :unsure:

GELE_PAK_1.jpg

GELE_PAK_2.jpg

GELE_PAK_3.jpg

GELE_PAK_4.jpg

Next stop camo colors,detail painting and the usual weathering.

Thanks for dropping by!
Greetings,Ron.

(y) (y) Nice done Ron! the colours looking great, and i look forward to see the camo :drinks
//Mats

CAMO!

I used Tamiya XF-64 Red Brown,for the brown color,I always start with the brown camo color,don't ask why,it's just my way of doing things. :lol:

Then a mix of TAM XF-26 Deep Green with TAM XF-21 Sky for the green.
The paint is thinned with TAM Lacquer thinner with some TAM X-22 Clear in the mixture.

I went for a disrupted camo scheme,think it looks ok by my standards.

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

Ofcourse I just had to break off the back rest from the gunners seat,a photo-etch part....jeez that never happened in this build.[sarcasme]
But I will fix it!

A3.jpg

A4.jpg

A5.jpg

The PAK gun is now drying from the TAM X-35 Semi Gloss Clear coat,running out of Future, this is a fine alternative.

The gun will get a light coat of Flat Clear on the lower parts close to the ground,will tell you next time why...

See you soon,Folks!
Greetings,Ron.

That looks fantastic, Ron! The pattern really works and I love the colors! (y) :drinks

Nice work Ron, the camo has a great "field applied" look to it...I meant that as a compliment!!! :D

Tom

Back