• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

88mm PAK 43 (FROM GREAT 88)

Truth be told the first set of pics looked like you were showing the real things. Way cool painting Ron (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Ron, you're making a AMAZING work!!!! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

That ammo boxes and this PE are from another world! HELLYEAH! :ro: :ro: :ro:

Thanks for sharing with a simple mortal... :D

Cheers :drinks

Art$$

:laugh: Trust me I AM mortal as well Art.Think that Modelers'Alliance has much better talented modelers then just reconron.I still keep on learning from all the great guys over here.
When you see something you would like to try your self,just ask and our members will tell their 'secrets'.
:drinks

Greetings,Ron.

:laugh: Trust me I AM mortal as well Art.Think that Modelers'Alliance has much better talented modelers then just reconron.I still keep on learning from all the great guys over here.
When you see something you would like to try your self,just ask and our members will tell their 'secrets'.
:drinks

Greetings,Ron.

Ok Ron, that we have master among the Allaince thats a big truth!
But I really like your works, they're vey, very good! :ro:

I'd a long road to make something near at yours :soldier :soldier :soldier

Cheers :drinks
ps: You like football?

In the words of The Dude,"The rug really tied the room together". :laugh:

Looks really great, Ron! (y)

If a PAK 43 had feelings,I would feel like this going on with this build...

P43_1.jpg

Or even this...

P43_2.jpg

I just keep running into problems with it,one of them was a cat,jumping into the basket I had the piece temporary stored,destroying parts. :blink

However I soldiered on,but it would take just a bit more and the anti-tank gun would turn up in the trash bin. :(

This is a usefull tool for dental care,one side has a tooth pick and the other dental floss...
And it's a source for rivets.Use a sharp knive or chisel.

P43_3.jpg

I used an aftermarket barrel for a Tiger B [KT],cause the kit barrel isn't the finest part.
Had to use some Evergreen tubing to get the desired lenght of the gun sleeve.[basicly it's the same gun as the one used in the King Tiger]

P43_7.jpg

You might notice that the shield isn't very clean,soldering and greasy finger handling is the cause of that,before soldering I've cleaned it for sure.

P43_8.jpg

The front gun shield is over scaled but I don't bother to scratch build a new one,might have a radical solution for that. :hmmm :unsure:

P43_6.jpg

Primer on...after pre shading the fun part can begin,being painting and weathering.

P43_9.jpg

Thanks for dropping by in Ron's disaster thread. :gogo ;)

Great to see that you beat the gun! it's not easy to finnish a kit with so much issues but you did it (y) now i'm looking forward to see the painting process :popcorn
//Mats

I got a solution for that cat but most cat folks don't like it...:mpup

Can't see any damage so press on Ron :soldier

Darn Ron you seem to be having a tough time with this . :( but it looks like you will overcome.

Good work ! (y)

I had no idea you could play the one string harp :rotf Great idea

Cheers, Christian B)

Good job Ron! I don't think I would keep going on that dog of a kit...probably wouldn't
even have started it.

Tom

Back