• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

88mm PAK 43 (FROM GREAT 88)

Give that resin piece a :fencing it will come out fine in the end i'm sure! :)
Good luck Ron!
//Mats

Re: 88mm PAK 43

Just add some cow crap...it fixes everything :D

Have fun with this one Ron...

Tom

I have done VERY little work on this one...I'm just too stressed out and exhausted from my daytime job
to do much modeling these days.
Had some problems with soldering the VP Photo Etch parts,found out that it's harder to do then Aber PE.
Maybe I will just CA glue some parts.

Have nothing picture worthy to show right now,but I did forget about this one from a while back.
The PE was corroded so I cleaned it with vinegar and a kitchen scourer and rinsed with water after that, it works fine. (y)
On the left side you see the not treated PE,the rest is clean like a new coin.

1364767157NIMG_0798.JPG

[THANKS MP for making the Copper Mine Gallery working again!...I love it!] (y)

Greetings,Ron.

We aims to please Ron, thank you for all you do for Modelers' Alliance (y)

Wonder if you used like a wire brush or sanding stick on the area to solder if it would behave any better. It may be coated with something.

Glad to see you're at the bench, Ron! That's more than I can say, too much reality in my reality lately and reality BITES! (y)

Dear Ron.

Love these resin kits...they are a challenge...hope to see a great job from yours (y)

:drinks

Luiz.

Wonder if you used like a wire brush or sanding stick on the area to solder if it would behave any better. It may be coated with something.

Ooh yeah,after cleaning the PE I sanded the areas to solder,still it's hard to solder.Maybe it's just me haven't done soldering in years,...have done a piece of scrap ABER PE without much problems.Maybe it's just the VP Photo Etch metal...Idonno. :idonno

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Greetings,Ron.

Back on this one!

LET THERE BE [strike]ROCK[/strike] AMMO!

Found this neat ammo set from AFV CLUB;GERMAN 8.8cm L/71 tank gun Ammunition and Accessory,
that's fine for this kind of 'Acht-Acht' PAK gun.
And from EUREKA XXL this all metal ammo set for the Pz.Kpfw VI B...[that's the Tiger 2 / Kingtiger],
same ammo as for the PAK 43.

Used some of the wooden ammo boxes from the VP kit the rest is AFV CLUB.
The water slide decals from AFV CLUB are very delicate,some of them broke,especially the ones ones on the metal tube containers...so on some of them I went 'weathering wild' to mask the broken markings.
Yeah I know the one with all the scratches and rust stains are over the top...BUT I really enjoyed it to do so.[maybe I've found my modeling mojo back!] :)

MUN1.jpg

Almost a shame to paint the tops of this bling bling.
The tops fit tightly on the shells,so you don't have to use any glue.

MUN2.jpg

MUN3.jpg

MUN4.jpg

MUN5.jpg

MUN6.jpg

MUN7.jpg

MUN8.jpg

MUN9.jpg

Difference of color is caused by the shade.The black boxes got a brown enamel wash.

MUN10.jpg

Thanks for dropping by!

Greetings,Ron.

(y) good to see that you got the mojo working again!
the ammo boxes/containers looks great (y) (y)
//Mats

Lookig good Ron! I like all the diffeent colors you used, it really adds to the overall look, I think.

Tom

Wicker ammo rugs...

how it's seen in normal daylight:

MATTEN_1.jpg

And a picture wich I added more contrast in,to show you the weathering clearer;dry brushing,washes and some added pigments;

MATTEN_2.jpg

With some armor piercing rounds;

MATTEN_3.jpg

Thanks for dropping by,
Greetings,Ron.

Back