• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

88mm PAK 43 (FROM GREAT 88)

reconron

Ok then,here is my entry for this great GREAT 88 campaign. :)

Several years ago I was on a vacation in Luxemburg,near the town of WILTZ we were driving in northern direction to find on a small field 2 German canons besides the road.
One of them, my weapon of choise for this campaign;the PAK 43.

I so much wanted to do this one in modelform and found the VERLINDEN resin kit.
Now years have past,and finally I took this one out of my stash...

PAK_43-1.jpg

PAK_43-2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7zHsl7JwnEQ

When things are less hectic around here I will give this resin & photo-etch kit a try.
There should be time enough to finish this one [I keep saying to myself].

And yes,...I have not commented to all your entries in this campaign but,LOVE THEM ALL! :)

Greetings,Ron.

Re: 88mm PAK 43

you're really not helping ron: https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/modelers-lounge/49714-latest-acquisitions-revisited?limit=8&start=1792#115809 :laugh:

i'll follow this build VERY closely as your entry is by far my most favorite 88 topic! :yipee

:popcorn

you're really not helping ron: https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/modelers-lounge/49714-latest-acquisitions-revisited?limit=8&start=1792#115809 :laugh:

i'll follow this build VERY closely as your entry is by far my most favorite 88 topic! :yipee

:popcorn

[sub]Pssst,..they got DunkelGelb as base color[/sub] :pp

Greetings,Ron.

Tiny update on the PAK 43.

But first,...I found back my analogue pictures of the piece in Wiltz[Luxemburg] when I was on vacation there. :)
If I just had a digital camera then...

pak_43_foto_s.jpg

The VP kit needs a lot of cutting off resin blocks,sanding and drilling,but hey...it IS resin.
I placed a cut off nail in the centre of the cruciform,I don't know yet on how much degrees in the round I will put it,so it stays moveable.

pak_43_foto_s2.jpg

On the arms of the cruciform you need to open the holes for the earth-anchors[is that correct English for these spikes]
It took some drilling and a lot of triangle shaped file use to do so.
WARNING;don't let resin dust come into your lungs,it's harmfull.

pak_43_foto_s3.jpg

pak_43_foto_s4.jpg

That's it for now.More to come later.

Greetings,Ron.

Coming along nicely Ron. The nail is an excellent idea.Another tip to keep in mind. And yep those are anchors. (y) (y) (y) :popcorn
James

With very limited benchtime around there is no way to finish this in time.
...and believe me when I say;I was very eager about this campaign! :(

O well,will finish this build some other time...thinking of putting the PAK 43 in a dio then.

Thanks a lot for the support,folks.

Greetings,Ron.

Ok folks here we go again with a tiny update on the resin Verlinden PAK 43.

I noticed there are some prominent casting seams visible.[or are it welds?]
just wanted to simulate this,so I carved lines and filled them with thin wire and CA glued them.
After that I filed and sanded the wire a bit.
Managed to glue my fingers to each other just ones. :pinch: :laugh:

Had to do this in stages because the smell of CA glue and Zip Kicker [CA glue accelerator] makes me really sick and causes headaches to me.

88_mm_Pak_43_Tr_05-1.jpg

PAK1.jpg

PAK2.jpg

PAK3.jpg

PAK4.jpg

I added also 2 ABER Photo-etch tie down cleats,not very visible on picture nr.3 on the left aft leg,but that was no fun job for sure.In the process of bending them I lost four pieces to the carpetmonster...never to be seen again. :(

More to come later,thanks for dropping by.
Greetings,Ron.

Tiny update,

If you see the Verlinden Productions instruction sheet you might guess that this is not a piece of cake,
a lot remains guess work,even with reference pictures. :pinch:
If I ever wanna do a PAK 43 again ,I think I go with the Trumpeter offering.

1364139790NIMG_0548.JPG

1364139849NIMG_0546.JPG

1364139921NIMG_0547.JPG

Wish me good luck,folks...I might need it.
Greetings,Ron.

Back