• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

120mm Verlinden "Bandits 2 O'Clock B-17 Gunner"

He's really taking shape, Mike! Looking forward to seeing the next installment! :drinks

Thanks Eric! That might have made a better soundtrack for that movie ;) Too bad they had to ruin it by putting Ben in there at the end ;)

Got most of the unwanted glue and styrene off...gonna try relayering it tomorrow as I have a full docket of band practice and hanging with the wife tonight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhkg96R--_w​
The Caters that He;s talkin about are My Cousins !! June Carter Cash is(was) My second cousin( on My Dad's side) !!!

:erik

Very cool Eric!

Well...stopped work on the gunner a bit to start working on his station. Great news is that the way it sits on the stand, the parts outside that were most difficult to get right aren't as noticeable ;). Attached two of the three platforms...the third one will sit over the mismatched, gappy area you see in the pic...it's just a bit warped at the moment and needs some work...
eb8f7513.jpg

More to come as I continue to peck away...

Bummed that I got waylaid by my decal mishap so I couldn't get the ribbon :(

Here is a shot of how I was doing before the "accident"
001%7E16.jpg

And so while I wait for Archer to send me a new set, I went ahead and painted the interior and added some details...
002%7E14.jpg

Lol...I did! I just thought since it got moved outta the campaign area that I was sol...

OK-- so this really isn't a question on the figure-- but it's base-- here is my progress after having to get a replacement for my ruined rivet details--- it is me or is another coat of OD required? I am trying to figure out how I can add a partial section of insignia to the our side-- don't have anything in that scale :hmmm
b17a.jpg

I read that the floor was often covered in black mats to prevent slipping...I tried to recreate that with painted masking tape-- opinions?? I can easily take it off....
b17b.jpg

Take off the masking tape, mask where you want wood to show and paint flat black.

OD looks fine. You're going to have to paint the insignia. Shouldn't be that hard. Mask the shape to size, paint it white. then mask the section that will be white and paint the insignia blue. Mabye Kenny Loup has mask that size already. Check with him.

Ok Kenny...just have to figure that out...the things scales out to 1/16... And I am looking for something like this:
05dd98d7.jpg

I'll try and get you some approximate measures later today after church and a family picnic...

Back