• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

120mm Verlinden "Bandits 2 O'Clock B-17 Gunner"

Thanks Andy...

Once I've got Kennys masks in hand, I ought to get things wrapped up swimmingly...especially since summer vacation starts in just 5 days...

Thanks Bob...gotta find some...

Got the masks today Kenny...but my students big exam is tomorrow and it'll take 10-12 hours to grade them all so I'll have to wait to try them out...

Well then...had a little trouble with the masks (not Kenny's fault...purely operator error ;))-- need to clean up some things and put the wind deflector back on-- but here is where we are at...

003%7E22.jpg

Basically, I didn't leave room for the "Virginia" when I first painted the insignia...they were just a tad too big...so I have to clean up the area I painted over a bit...

Glad you still on this Mike, looks fine to me. Those personalizations would have been hand painted so I think you're spot on. :popcorn

Thanks Bob! I am hoping that a little very light buff sanding and then add some streaking weathering to align with windflow over the fuselage might help mesh everything together....

Thanks Mike and Dan!

Just gotta work out the final details on the figure and the machine gun...trying to wrap up all my projects before the Call to Arms build starts...

School's got me by the brass ones...but added some subtle weathering and am calling this done...some things I would do over again if I could and other things I would improve on- but that's why I do this ;) Going to have to try another big figure at some point...this was fun! Thanks Andy for the tips-- I think I got everything on the figure spot on...the base could be better....
001%7E24.jpg

002%7E22.jpg

003%7E23.jpg

004%7E21.jpg

005%7E21.jpg

Fine job Mike, really like that. Keep working on the base, need some washing or something down in the stringers and riggers. (y)

Thanks guys!

Bob...you're right of course...added some more Mig wash...and it was also pointed out that the poor guy will have apoxia if I don't add more details. I am scratch building an intercom and an oxygen plug in...should have stuff to show soon!

Here is the scratch built radio box...it's been painted since then and installed...still working on the oxygen connections...

007%7E15.jpg

Back