• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 scale Shrimp/Fishing Boat kit.

Today was rigging/Outrigger boom day, at the 1/700 Darien River Shrimpin' Boat yard. I can't say I'm proud of the paintwork so far, :bang head but you get the general idea. Maybe I should have :drinks and :drool try some more touch up. :idonno
IMG_5743.JPG

IMG_5744.JPG

IMG_5745.JPG

The Pickle-Shrimpin' boat has a different rig, than Gravedigger does. More research!!
IMG_5746.JPG

Thanks for lookin' in!! :salute

I had this idea. I bought some Ocean, hunted through my old pictures for an interesting Seascape, and posed a Lil' shrimpin' Boat. I may need to upgrade my pitcher-snapper, I find I don't get very good resolution with my bitty Canon. :hmmm Anyway, here's the 1/700 Model Silliness :gogo I played with this morning;
IMG_5763.JPG

IMG_5762.JPG

IMG_5759.JPG

Thanks again, for having a look-see!

At Long last!! Here are all three of the options you could make from my Shrimpin' Boat kit, completed with the parts that come in the kit. (TWO Hulls are included, so you have to choose which 2 you want to build!) The Black & White boat looks a little like Forrest Gump's "Jenny" (notice, NO hokey, fake helm on the after deck.)but She's patterned after a Vessel I saw in GA, so that is PURE coincidence! The other Shrimpers are Darien, GA Boats as well! :drunk
IMG_5811.JPG

The bonus 35-foot power boat isn't complete yet. Soon, My Friends. Very soon!
IMG_5813.JPG

They had been looking at me, most expectantly, during the Famous Shark Fishing Boat's construction. :huh:
It was time to add some details to the Step-Cabin Shrimper. :dance
IMG_5848.JPG

GPS receiver, radio whips, Surface search/nav. radar antenna, Dingy, carried on the bridge roof, and SOME smart-aleck brought a red & white Igloo cooler, on to blue & white Vessel. The nerve of some fishermen!!
IMG_5849.JPG

NONE of this stuff come in the Kit. I did make all the pieces from scraps of other stuff!
Never mind the USS Wasp island conversion parts. with the advent of Aoshima's new CV-7 USS Wasp kit, there isn't any reason to convert Tamiya's CV-6 USS Enterprise any longer. (I was ALMOST there!! :bang head :drinks )

Pictures! All the kit parts, in better pictures of the Darien, GA fleet.
NOT JENNY! Her sister, perhaps.
IMG_5911.JPG

Captain Vlassic's "Pickle" Boat. She's pictured underway off the west shore of Grand Turk Island
IMG_5915.JPG

Company mascot, Cooney. Tamyia clear red over silver, with a wisp of q-tip. Rather a fitting spokesperson, since I have done a lot of this project during night hours. I finished the first draft of the 7-page instruction sheet this Eve! :yipee
IMG_5917_28475x46329_28475x46329.jpg

That's cool! Very nice effect on the glow of the cigar. I thought you photoshopped the smoke at first. (y)

It be lookin' good, Bra! :drinks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBsWg9KrvTc

B)

:yipee 6-page color instruction sheets: DONE :yipee Box, with Nifty Labels: DONE!! :yipee
TLAR_Shrimper_Box.JPG

Ready for the marketplace!

Thanks you Guys, for all your kind words! (y) You helped keep me going when I felt like it was totally hopeless. :bat I dun lernt me whole big bunches about dockumints win ah wuz wompin' up them 'strukshins! :bang head

"It's bad luck to have a Boat with no name."
IMG_5968.JPG

One of my friends makes Gundam models. A genre I've never considered. He said a black fine line Gundam Marker was a must. There are no letter decals in the whole world dinky enough to letter this, so before I had any coffee, I gave Barry's idea a shot.
She still needs a base and a final flat coat, but otherwise she's ready for the Liberty and St. Louis, Mo IPMS shows.
Do you think She's dirty enough?

Hey that is really great work! I remember reading an article about the shrimping business and the writer had said as a kid he once asked his dad "Day over/can we go home now?" His Dad asked "Can you still see your hands?" Kid answered "Yes" to which the dad replied "When you can't see your hands...THEN we can go home."

Back