• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 scale Shrimp/Fishing Boat kit.

I wonder where I can get the photo-etch set (Masts, booms, T-Boom, and stern ladder posts) made. HMMMM.
jenny-4_Masts___booms.jpg

I have yet to make the winch groups, which won't be to tough. I've been studying Shrimpers, so there may yet be a 3rd deckhouse option in the next RTV mold, as well!! :silly: :gogo :drool :bang head

That is pretty awesome! I like them! One crazy idea you may be able to do is sell the less-than-perfect ones as wrecks so someone can do a post-hurricane diorama! LOL!

Looking forward to seeing more.

During the 2016 Voyage of "The Dixie Flyer" :pilot , I was fortunate enough to happen upon the Boat that is being modeled!
Darien River, Historic Darien Georgia. Grave Digger. :zen A smart, tidy, trim, little, boat. I wonder if Squadron would do a Shrimp Boat Walk-Around. Hmm.
IMG_4944.JPG

There are a number of Shrimpers at Historic Darien GA. Now I know how tall the masts & Booms are! :yipee

IMG_4940.JPG

I don't want to bore you all, but having been briefly aboard Grave Digger, and spoken with her Skipper, Reggie Sawyer, I thought this was neat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9flI6Whzg2g

The kit is getting a third deck house option. Like with all else, I'm gone "Over the Rail" on this project. :smack

I made up the masters for the winch group, the third Deck house option, and some fenders (old tires) today. they are all in RTV mold as we speak! :yipee
IMG_5095.JPG

This means all the styrene masters for resin parts are complete! :drinks :yipee :ro:
IMG_5096.JPG

Thanks for looking in!!

Very nice Rhino ... thanks for the vid explanation of shrimping, better than what I received from the movie ... :rotf such tiny craft you really enjoy your work. I'm going to go small I think but I'll start with 1/350 AC ... :pilot

It is most important, to do things you truly enjoy. Whatever it is. This Life is a finite affair. Don't squander one minute of it.

My Sweetie cannot grasp how I make such dinky things and spend hours at my desk with the stereo playing. I love it.
AND I can play with, er, work on 30 of em' in a 12 X 12 Space!! :rotf

Shrimpers on the build!
IMG_5309.JPG

In order to compose the instructions, I have to play with, um, er, Build all 3 versions. (Right?)
I ain't rightly sure what to do with the 35 ft. powerboat, but it comes in the set.
IMG_5310.JPG
:idonno

The Shrimpers are on the build. Primed in white, and dinky about with the winders!!
My winches are WAY over scale. :bang head NBD. Cut'em and sand a tad more! :yipee
IMG_5493.JPG

Back