• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 F/A 18 A

Thanks for the kind comments guys!
I’m skipping around all over the place in the build, it’ll be amazing if I don’t forget something

A bit of painting and test fitting has me ready to call the pilots office ready to go. (I think?)
hd8335dd.JPG

h5fe859c.JPG

h2ba331e.JPG

h6ef6d09.JPG

Moving back to the landing gear and gear bays now while the paint in the office dries.

Thanks James
Much easier to add little resin bits than build a whole short run kit out of the stuff, it's been quite a relaxing and fun build... so far.
The coming colourfull decals scare the H3ll out of me though!

Thanks for looking in!
I'm adding what I can for details to the gear and gear bays tonight...(I know, it didn't happen if there's no pictures) but, the battery is pooched in my camera and I can't find the charger...ok, I haven't looked real hard yet either.

The bigger the model the more little crap you have to add to get the effect. (Yup I build big stuff too)

Looking good so far Chris!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for looking in on this project!
I'm finally finished adding spaghetti to the gear bays, I think.
I'll still be needing brake hoses to the main wheel hubs but that's later.
I've noted the CF-18 (A) didn't have some of the ECM bumps that Academy have molded on. My next job will be to sand those off before joining the fuselage halves, I guess it's not important when they get removed but doing them now allows me to procrastinate a bit longer...

h85ed8c3.JPG

hcdcc7d1.JPG

h98d9548.JPG

hd0beb22.JPG

Back