• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ZVEZDA T-62

Nice work there Bruce! That paint job came out really nice...just got to love that silly putty :silly:

Ok so here is the latest bit..and it's alotta bit

Well I don’t really have pics but I have been using those small cans of Flat Black Krylon from Hobby Lobby. I primed it black a week ago, and today sat down to work. Remember, I want to do this particular camo scheme:

jDzg2jC.jpg

Now I hope the rivet-counters will cut me slack here, mostly because this is the earliest model T-62, not the 1973 as shown in the pic. Also, I am taking considerable artistic license in painting in this scheme, but this is what I really wanted, so I went with it.

I dee-cided to roll with masking this. This would mean I had to think in terms not of lightest to darkest, but in fields (Least first, most last). To that end I first laid a light coat of Flat White, combines with some Ivory White, letting the black primer bleed thru for some simple moderation:
jqX32e4.jpg

kQOtIQp.jpg

Next up came the masking. And what better way than to use Silly Putty!
M7KoRHZ.jpg

So maybe I over-bought…. Any-hoo, I started cutting and rolling, cutting and rolling, and masking away. The fender and hull represent 1 solid hour, but the turret represents another 90 minutes on it’s own.
YXBkhFy.jpg

So I then went at it with some of my remaining Model Master Russian armor green, when I did again a small amount (Maybe too small) of modulation. All the above represented some 5 hours of time today, but when I unwrapped my prize, I have to say, ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT!
pgNDtZM.jpg

yCUCgg7.jpg

7yiiBBn.jpg

bIa8pUq.jpg

EyNWEk3.jpg

So now it’s on to final assembly and detail paint on this butt-ugly tank. Let me know your non-rivet-counting thoughts, and thanks fer lookin’ in!
You can't have to much silly putty.
Looks great 👌

So it's been a bit, but with the summer semester giving me additional time, I was able to get something done on this today.

Basically final assembly, along with pin washes, some weathering washes on the top, and "mud" paint on the lower running gear.
s0X52XR.jpg

1g7mhDC.jpg

B8ydW5X.jpg

3nDhkHS.jpg

uUDbpSI.jpg

Whoa what an B-UGLY camo scheme! Still have more to do fer-sher, but next up is getting some foam blocks and cutting them to make the ditch

jDzg2jC.jpg

till then!

Back