• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Zeitreisemaschinenwagen! - Build # 1

I love this! I wonder what would happen if Doc Brown met Mad Max? "Too Right! Last of the V-8 time machines. HG Wells would be aghast if you blew her up, eh?" Yeah. Bloody awful, that!

Thanks guys!

I had found this on a website and kept a copy of the image for reference (can't recall the website now but needless to say it is not my build, someone else's creativity) but many things could be made into a time machine.

what-if-back-to-the-future-time-machine-was-a-modified-lamborghini-countach-98891_1.jpg

I think this was particularly creative and a great car to use!!

Back on the DeLorean today!
Started by masking off the body

IMG_4280.JPG

And giving it a couple shots of german grey

IMG_4281.JPG

added some washes to the interior to make it look a little worn

IMG_4282.JPG

Then inserted the rear deck, the glass and attached the chassis. I decided to open the small side windows.

IMG_4283.JPG

IMG_4284.JPG

Apologies to both Saul and Warren!

I do know the difference! Honest I do! I am more image conscious than with text. When I look at threads, I focus on the images posted. Going back through the thread, I made this same mistake twice! You don't suppose age has something to do with that?:bang head

Anyway, Great job Warren!

:vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood::vgood:

Bob

I saw a neat trick watching people restore Tonka truck toys on Youtube where they would paint the white lettering of the tires by spraying white paint on a sheet of paper and then press the tire on the paint. Thought i would try this with the rear tail light lenses. They are very small and the raised areas are supposed to be black. Didn't want to mess them up. Only problem I had was that the paint on the paper would dry very quickly before I had a chance to press them on. I used a piece of blue tak to get a better hold of the lens while I pressed it to the paint.

IMG_4292.JPG

IMG_4293.JPG

What do you think so far??

IMG_4295.JPG

IMG_4294.JPG

Debating right now if I should leave the silver time travel coils around the front and back silver or paint them with a slight tint of clear blue??

Back